Cod2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by tennisboy, Dec 27, 2005.

1. tennisboy

tennisboy Member

GPU:
    geforce 6800 GS 256mb
    so i just purchased this game everytime i change anything in options the settings that i changed go back to default... everytime i quit the game! lol its so weird andi was wondering are there any commands i should put in console to smooth my rates cause i'm really laggy =( thnxs guys

2. TheRevern

TheRevern Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780GTX OCC 3gb
    console commands go to tweakguides.com and look at the list and try turnign down the textutre res and all that to improve fps and lower aa a little bit and itll be silk smooth i think

3. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Go and get the patch , its greatly improves performance.

I might solve your other problems too.

4. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    What patch are you refering to DrSiN. I also just got the game for Christmas but just installed and played for the first time about on hour ago? Thanks

5. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    there's no "official" patch out yet...just a performance tweak patch for dual core cpu's, if you don't have dual cores getting this patch won't do nothing for you. This update was design for Intel dual core's to be exact, but should work with AMD dual cores i think.

The most anticipated patch will be released early 2006, which should include performance fixes and other stuff.

Tennisboy check this site for some tweaks if you haven't already done so, theres a tweak some guy found which improves performance, read through it.

http://www.tweakguides.com/COD2_1.html

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  6. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Thank you jsv004, much appreciated! Well I have logged about 2.5 hours all together now in COD II and love it! I just barely finshed "Taking The Trainstation" or something like that. The begining of the level is great, walking around in pipelines! Take it easy guys

7. GuitarScott

GuitarScott Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT 512MB
    ull really like that game.. its like being in a movie almost.. its so immersive

8. tennisboy

tennisboy Member

GPU:
    geforce 6800 GS 256mb
    hahha aite ill check it out when i get back home I tried it out yesterday and wow its really impressive, still think counter-strike source still owns haha +p Thnxs again guys!!!

9. FanMan

FanMan Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3870X2
    Heres another one of my questions that reduce the number of threads lol. Please answer. I was playing in Dx9 (now in dx7 hoping to switch if patch has performance upgrades) and for more fps i turned off shadows, fine. I return to the game and there are shadows. FTW!! So i go to the settings turn them on then off again, still shadows? Am I looking for the wrong type of shadows or something? Is there a console command to turn them off? THanks

BTW i havent tried reloading the game ....im going afk soon.

10. GuitarScott

GuitarScott Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT 512MB
    you turn shadows off.. apply changes.. and itll work.. i apply after each change.. never had any probs.. if you switch between the regular gfx options and the texture one.. itll go to default settings unless you already have it set

11. FanMan

FanMan Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3870X2
    Not working....

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  12. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hmmmm, I think this is what Scott told you but make sure you hit "Apply" after these changes are made. I had a hard time when first setting up the game because I kept forgetting to hit "Apply". Please ignore me if you have already done this (I think that is what you said above but not sure). Good luck!

13. FanMan

FanMan Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3870X2
    Yeah, did that and still not working, but now i wanted to bump this thread because the main question hasnt even been answered yet!!! (Im having the same problem all of a sudden too).....Why dont the settings stick??? Please help as this is very annoying. ( a solution not involving altering the config would be great but it doesn't matter.)

14. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Did it ever work for you or has it always been like that? As a last resort you could just install the game again! I have not been able to find anyone else with that same problem, good luck!

15. tennisboy

tennisboy Member

GPU:
    geforce 6800 GS 256mb
    FANMAN !!! I TOTALLY AGREE, everytime i set a command the COMMANDS DO NOT STAY... i donno if i'm blind but i can't find a option to ACCEPT the changed i made, its so annoying PLUS i installed the game like 6 times even returned it to my workplace (best buy) and i got myself a new copy still the same problem...

16. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    for good fps boosts type "r_gpusync 0" and also disable the glow effect type "r_glow 0" type these in the console window without quotes of course. these changes should give about 10 more fps. also try disabling shadows. the character model shadows are very nice soft shadows so disable them. i promise you wont notice the missing character shadows much in a game like CoD, with all the frantic fighting. the game still looks gorgeous and that adds about another 10 fps

with my rig i play at 1024x768 with high and sometimes extra settings with
    4xAA 8xAF. soften smoke edges world only, regular dynamic lights, and corpses large. i get in the 30-50 fps range mostly. even at these settings i find it to be the best looking game out right now

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  17. FanMan

FanMan Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3870X2
    well first of all ive tried TONS of tweaks and the most fps ive ever gotten is like 2. They dont work (well not for me). And The shadows still wont turn off .........or wait do all the building shadows stay and just the character shadows leave? :S and i cant stand playing under 60-70 fps cuz im used to over 100 in cod 1.

18. raging_dragon

raging_dragon Master Guru

GPU:
    Suck
    Sorry to hear that. I've enjoyed all settings maxed out at 1600 x resolution. I've only played one mission so far and haven't touched the game since. Didn't check the framerate though =D

19. Rogger

Rogger Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA e-GeForce 7800GT
    Sorry guys but I his problem I'm pretty sure is that hes running the game in safe mode. It generally resets all of your graphics options to "ideal settings" every time you start the game. In short, its evil. Find the exsecutive icon your running the game from, right click on it, chose properties, and make sure that at the end after the quotes, there is no +safe thing there

it should look something like this
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\cod2mp_s.exe"

not this
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\cod2mp_s.exe" +safe

Thats for multiplayer, do the same for single player.

Good luck, if that doesen't help I'm sorry but I had a similar problem with Call of Duty 1 and it was always in "Safe Mode"

Edit:Not sure but I think the shadows settings is for more dynamic realistic shadows, its def. not your copy thats the problem. The anticipated patch has punkbuster, which is awsome cause theres a bad hacking problem in multiplayer.

Striker your talking about the option thats called synch every frame in the graphics option, it can also be toggled there.

Also set your directX to DX7 not 9, my 7800GT won't hit the wall with DX9 but it is almost always 91 on DX7 and never goes below 85 fps.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  20. Xaser04

Xaser04 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 16GB
    You should be able to play the game in DX9 mode Rogger. Your 7800gt is more than capable of it.