Cod W@W

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Lahomer

Lahomer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 680/1463/1215
    No succes :( il keep searching thnx for replying tho :)

2. MwR

MwR Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    I just reinstalled the game due to reinstall the whole OS...now my problems are as follows:
    1. The loading movies played very weird, pictures and voices out of sync (audio keep looping at a 1-2 sec point right after it started), and it lasted either throughout the movie or at one point freeze and then either back to normal after that or enter another loop till it ends. However, all gaming is fine and dandy. Never have this happened before and just with COD:WaW, and even with my previous install it just jerked once at random point during each loading movie and things are fine after this.
    Machine is using XP SP3, using the latest game patch, used RAD video tool and checked all movie files are perfectly fine.

2. Now I got a better card (before is 9600GT) I can surely crank out the settings. I know AA is 4x, but what about AS? Should I let the application control it at Nvidia Control panel or crank it there to 16x like in many benchmarks I've read?

3. The Fitter

The Fitter Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    I have just started playing multiplayer and boy what a pain in the ar$e that is. Why the hell are there so many fast rank, thousands of xp per kill servers out there. And why are they not clearly marked? I want to play through properly but have had to wax my profile twice in a matter of days. I got 1 kill, yep just 1 and jumped from rank 6 to 16. Mega pain. Anyone know if there is a way of blocking these servers from your list? I look for fast rank or 5000xp per kill etc and avoid but the last time I got caught out it was not mentioned at all in the server name.
    Hope someone can help cause it is ruining my experiance.
    Regards Dave M

4. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060

5. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
    For consoles........us second-rate PC gamers must again wait, that said, at least the first two have been free :D

6. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    I have not got this game think i will buy it lol

7. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Man I love zombie maps. Nothing like blowing them heads off that makes your day worth something. :D

8. Retrolock

Retrolock Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    I've been playing the mp for 2-3 weeks now. :D Currently @ level 36 (I know I'm a rather slow leveler) but I've been enjoying it, more than COD4 MP!

9. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Why more than COD4? The only thing i like about WAW is the zombie mod. MP is the same game play, but i still like COD4 MP much more.

10. evilkelvin

evilkelvin Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 XFX BLACK
    are the cod WOW mp servers more packed then cod4's? ive been thinking of getting coc WOW for the mp cause of the more perks/weaps etc etc... is it worth it?

11. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
    CoDWaW is only better than COD4 because of:

a - MP maps are good, as are subsequent map packs
    b - co-op mode is wicked
    c - ZOMBIESSSSSSSSSS

REally hope MW2 has some form of co-op modes :D

12. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I could never get co-op working, making W@W a waste of money.

Can you post links to sites that explain how it works?

13. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
    Never used a site, just created and server a boom!!

You may wanna enable certain ports to get the best from it tho...... use www.portforward.com , pick your router, then the game and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps :D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    interesting! to bad its 30 bucks ...

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    worked fine here, i just ran sp exe and chose coop mp (first make sure you have an active online account).
    For zombies it was a bit different you have to look more carefully and spot the mod changer (its on the upper right corner i think)..

16. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=65486

Seems the third map pack that was recently released sold over a million "units" in it's first week, if nothing else it proves just how effective DLC can be as I guess Treyarch (And the publisher.) saw a pretty nice gain from all those sales.

18. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    nice gain, ya. one million units @ 10 bucks a pop, WOW. they've made good money off these mappacks as far as the consoles go ... glad we get them free though ;)

19. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    You can join a co-op server, or you can make one. You can only make one if you forward ports. As for buying this game for MP, i'd say no. The MP is not bad if you like COD4, but I bought this game for the zombies alone, and i'm glad I did because I didn't realize there were so many maps and mods for it.

20. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Are there any advanced tweaks available?

I've got it running at 1280x960 (max res on my LCD monitor) and everything maxed out and I'm averaging about 45fps. Still it doesn't look quite as good as the screenshots.