1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COD:MW2 game play vid

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by cowie, Oct 28, 2009.

1. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Well, I guess they're bringing it to a new level? Last time on the ship you had to shoot defenceless sleeping terrorists on the ship's bunks, now this time you have to shoot civvies? I don't know, something in my gut tells me even if it's in a game that's still wrong to do.

deltatux

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    this game is looking to be the bestest cod EVER

3. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    bah war is wrong, this is nothing new. Who hasnt mowed down a ton of civilians in postal. Any game where you could kill a civilian accidentally or for fun, we did it....its a game. Its not real. I have been setting off BFG's for 19 years now in games (29 now), and I have yet to kill another human being, so....no problem here@!

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It does look pretty realistic and brutal, but filming it on a TV does give that effect.

Not sure where i stand on this, i hate all the people who blame video games for every crime, but GabrielSans hit on a good point, im sure alot of people would consider say an Inglorious Basterds game which let you be the Jew hunter, or HAWX 911 edition as being in bad taste, but i will wait till i play the game before i make my mind up.

The other thing about games letting you do things you couldn't do in real life is valid, but where do you draw the line, if mass Murder of innocents is ok, how about Rape?
    If someone said i like to kill people in a game, i wouldn't think they were a possible murderer, but if someone went about raping in a game, id be very wary of them, not sure why myself and other people don't consider the two to be equal.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009

5. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    IMO if they had made it a video cutscene where you didnt have to control it, it would ironically probably fix alot of complaints...

still, it puts a sense of wanting to take them down in the players mind...

6. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    it's not the first time we play a bad guy in a game! Sure some bad guys are doing thing that are more horrible then other, but it's not because you depict it that it will happen more -_-

Specially unless your target audience is the Ben Ladens hidden in caves of this world.

7. [GMC]Blackdog

[GMC]Blackdog Master Guru

GPU:
    2 GigabiteGTX460@822/1644
    hmmm well in my opinon, grabing people and tearing that up into a blood pulp is worse than that..cough Prototype couch lol which come on ppl, everyone dose and thinks its cool to do...not to mention staying alive in the game haha

so if the media get all up on IW butt cause of this then why wldnt they for other games???

its dumb, they need to realize its just a game...

8. mink

mink Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    Hasn't everyone gone guns blazing on civilians in every GTA series??
    There will always be strange people around that will think after playing it in a game they want to do it in real life but does that mean it should never be done because of that? Should we all just pretend things like this don't exist? Personally I think we live in a bad enough nanny state as it is. Look at the freaks that lost the plot watching the fkin matrix!!!

And as for the comments about rape etc, sure, go for it. but how many of us would see that in a video and think wow I have to play that game! not many hopefully!! so it would be just those few freaks out there that would buy it. but then how many of us have seen rape scenes in movies? Last House on the Left? did any of you have the urge to rape someone after?

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    [​IMG]

Those good old disturbed Left4Dead modders.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    nah thats not disturbing,now if it was a female zombie two guys were doing that whould bother me.

11. georaldc

georaldc Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    Well, its just a game but IMO you can't compare this to something like prototype. The fact that Modern Warfare 2 is set in a more realistic situation is pretty much the reason why you can't compare it to any other games that had you do similar things. I was damn disturbed with the video since it did look like senseless killing in a realistic fashion.

12. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Aw I wanna see it... :cry:

13. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    This is too political for Guru3d mate, and yes I'm swallowing the bait ( it seems :d ).

CIA is a scrupplefree organization, you know it we know it we all know it.

I mean for crying out load your buying a wargame for entertainment but when it gets to real you think they are out of line haha..

I suggest you and anyone else who think this is over the top checkout youtube for vids where USAF circles in AC 130s at 3000 meters shooting at things CIA told them was talibans, now talk about disturbing phootage man.

That mission is like playing with crayons compared to what is really going on in the world today, when you can sit with a mug of coffee in a controlroom and fly in with a remotecontrolled little plane and massacre 20ish people with a few clicks on your comp and see it all in real time, that is disturbing.

If you don't want kids to play this game then you set a mature stamp on it, if you do not want kids to bring granade launchers to schools or malls then you stop selling them, you don't cry about a video game when the world is as it is today.

I mean I don't think political mumbojumbo has any place here on guru but this post is just silly and belongs on IW boards or something with the other kid posts.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    honestly i was just trying to get a rise out of some gamers,to get the real feel how you guys felt.
    as for this vid of the level its there to get a rise out of us it does not add to the game.

but where do we draw the line with gameing content?
    is everything ok?...or not?
    not for nothing its a game you can not compare to anything in real life so i can watch all the war footage i want but its no comparisin to a war game.
    i would never argue with someones opinion on the matter

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This game has enough hype as it is, so not sure IW or Activision would need much bad publicity, this would just lead to the game getting banned and then pirated in countries like Germany and Australia.

I'm not one for censorship, but we need to draw the line somewhere, as i said before would Twin Towers downloadable content for HAWX be ok, maybe Lemmings Hollocaust Editon.

16. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Think my point is that if we gonna start drawing lines ( all of a sudden ) we better start with urgent RL issues and not bandaid our conciousness with nonesense issues like wether or not x y z game has one violent level that portrays real life too well, dont you think?

I mean it is kinda sickening that you can sit 100% safe in an airplane 3km up in the air with dead on, pin point accuracy on the ground with IR, termo, and nightivision scopes and with 'more then deadly' accuracy fire 7 diffrent calibers of rounds simultanously on the ground on people running for their life with no way of shooting back at you?
    I mean like the only thing that would top that would be if we had a chip in our brains from birth and everytime someone did something against the law a computor just determinted wether to terminate this human waste or not..

If anything is inhumane then that would be, no I'm obviously not saying war isn't in itself 'not inhumane' it is, but there are also varying degrees of levels in 'hell' as in 'heaven', catch my drift.

I mean I just see these middleclass/upper class suburban people blowing their caps out of this, all these housewifes storming to oprah and cnn over this when there are far more grim things going on in the world, as if this was the first priority..I mean it is just so blatantly an attempt to calm their own anxiety over everything thats going on.

If they were serious about all this and not just using it as a prozac doze and an opportunity to whinge some, and yes I guess I'm adressing america with this, they would change their weapon policy; is the freedome to buy a gun, a lethal weapon, really worth the cost of beeing scared everyday that someone will walk up to you and execute you 'cod4 MW2' style?

See much too politcal a thread for this forum =)

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    perhaps they are gonna ban the scene itself ? remember the banning in flight simulator ? you couldnt fly into the twin towers anymore.

18. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Its a bit late to ban or remove the scene i think, the game would end up delayed and that could cost them millions.

Sneakers, no one made this political but you, most of us said its taking games in the wrong direction and down a bad path, you were the one bringing up Oprah and gun laws in the US.

19. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce

Well it was invetible, I swallowed the bait on puropse this time :)..

I mean look at the whine on diffrent forums. People link it to terrorist attacks in a heartbeat, then 9/11, then talibans, then iraq and then how it spoils the youth and so forth.

It all comes down to how naive you are. And really if you don't want your kids to come to school with bullet proof vests and fkn incendiary ammo you don't sell it to anyone with a driverslicense ye? That is what it boils down to.

The freedome to kill anyone you want, but you don't wanna get yourself jacked over yourself - see how that works, it doesn't :)

Games beeing coined as a threat to society and stigmatized on Oprah and whatnot ( lol ) when it is obviously not the problem.

..I mean what it really is is a CIA operative that have to playalong and pretend he is onboard with the guys shooting up civilians so he can get them at a later stage, it is nothing more then collateral damage - something not that unfamiliar if you own a TV wich most people in the west do.

Break it down and we have kids playing undercover good guys shooting good guys so they in the future can prevent even more wrongdoings. 24 anyone? Iraq today anyone? Wars in general anyone? Hiroshima anyone? That other japanese town nobody rememebers the name of, anyone?

Now will this make people not go to schools and not kill eachother? No since it is not the deciding factor at all ( I mean some in this thread before I put my nose in here already hinted this ), the guns are, with no guns some1 would go home with a blackeye instead of in a plastic bag.

Everyone has his opinion for sure.

20. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't worry about the kids, most of violent crime is commited by adults, its just more high profile when its a teenager.

If your an adult and shoot someone, you must of had a reason or your crazy, if its a teenager, then you must of saw it in a game.

I don't agree with all that nonsese, my objection is i just don't want games to cross the line of whats too much, maybe im getting old, but when the movie Grotesque got banned in the UK, i instantly thought there they go again, then i watched the trailer, and im glad it did get banned, either that or have to register on a potential psycho list when you buy it.

If we don't set boundaries, how long will it be before snuff movies and games are the next big thing.