COD 4 Release?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mofo65, Nov 6, 2007.

1. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    This game is probably GOTY for Americans, but in my opinion Activision is spitting in the face of every Russian who ever thought of buying this game.

Now there is a campaign in Runet to completely boycot this pos of a game.

The game is borderline racist if you can read the writings and voice overs done in Russian.

I deleted this game and will never play it again.

Activision can go suck my d*ck those degenerate racist pigs.

For example, on one of the missions, on a Church they wrote word "Huy" (Penis) in big red letters. Extremely offensive, who ever thought of doing that should be fired. Putting it on a church is sacralige... they put it in every single mission on different buildings too.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  2. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    Geeze Orion Chill out a bit, explain this a bit more.

Why would grafiti on a church bother you so much?!?

Besides did you not see the stuff in GTA and other games there has been far worse than penis on a church...

3. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh its alot more then just that...

That was just one of the beautiful examples.

4. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    So for activision to reflect the truth of the real world and the atrocities of war in a game is racist and offensive?

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Well just finished the game and it's very very short!!!
    That's about the only complain i have.
    And with so much intense action i didn't noticed any writings on the walls or other racist stuff that OrionRU talked about.
    I completely agree!- something like that shoud never be present in a videogame(true all these things happen in the real world), and all we can do is fight against it by all means necesary-even by not buying the game.

Don't forget that kids play this kind of games too!!!

6. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Real world?

You think COD4 is real world?

Do even watch news?

7. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Being a russian myself ,I realise that COD4 has gone overboard with the gruesome depictions of real warfare ,which is not really needed to keep the game fun. The racism and "offensive graffiti" is definitely over the top. In russian culture the word "Hooy" is highly offensive and has been so for decades,and is not taken lightly by anyone ,not even as a joke ,its like one of those curse words that you simply cant go throwing about ,you will end up getting the **** kicked out of you or killed.
    They should have kept the russian soldier campaign (just like in COD and COD2) if they really wanted to blend in the russian culture but even then such stuff would only get people pissed off.Instead they chose the easy way of just americans and british POVs which is fine ,but they should have realised it may push things a bit too far.

P.S However there is a video where one of the devs praises Russia ,to say they really respect them and love em ,in a light hearted way ,I am not taking this game serious ofcourse ,however to keep me completely satisfied, this little problem could have been kept at bay.

8. bender78

bender78 Member Guru

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon HD3850 256MB

Being German i can't help but say: welcome to the club of video game badguys (see any WW2 shooter). If you are easily offended by such things maybe you should stop playing video games altogether or buy a Nintendo DS and play Dr. Kawagimas Brain Trainer cuz there's always going to be violence and racism involved when it's about WAR (between different nations). And you can't expect any video game developer to be absolutely omniscent about whats considered offensive or not in any culture, may it be Russian or German or Japanese, since most game developers are American ;) But I won't go there.

So everybody chill out :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  9. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I take pleasure in playing MP WiC and destroying Americans in MP :D

10. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    man this game is awesome. best CoD yet. its really tense and the game really draws you in. :camo:

11. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    Don't bother buying the game until they fix it. I bought it and now returning it for all the bugs that it has. Everytime you change resolution it crashes and a directx error pops up and then it asks you to start it in safe mode. Doesn't connect to servers. And these errors aren't just me they are happening to alot of people.

12. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    Colt _ did you have issues with the Demo? I haven't bought the game yet but the Demo runs top notch on my setup. Curious what the difference is between the Demo and the final release.

13. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    I didn't try the demo. Tons of lag doesn't run worth a darn. Going to return it tommorrow for store credit.

14. TheBard

TheBard Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Stock
    I'm going to be the ignorant poster and not read anything before me and say THIS GAME KICKS ASS! End of story.
    If you are having problems with the game, I strongly advise sorting them out and giving the game a run through before just returning it. Trust me, its worth it.

I have played the demo and full version on highest settings, 1680x1050, 4XFSAA, fps is 40+ at all times, and the game loots great.

Edit: Played SP and MP both successfully, at highest settings, no problems except the occasional "Error: Connection to server timed out."

15. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    The Single Player is great but the multi just won't work and others are reporting the same problems. In sp mode you will get 70 to 80fps and then in mp you will only get 5fps so it is impossible to play and I can't figure it out.

16. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Runs fine for me. I just finished it and I can say it's the best game I have ever played in my life. Right up next to Half Life 1. This game has the most awsome story line.

17. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    dont listen to colt. the games runs really well at max settings and no bugs or glitches at all for me. i just finished the game.......man i am blown away! this game was way more than i ever could have hoped for! its one of my all time favorite shooters now. SIMPLY AMAZING GAME

18. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Strix OC
    COD 4 will be a serious contender to GOTY.

19. Optikn3rv

Optikn3rv Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidea GTX 670
    hmm mixed feelings about this cod game, finished it in 6 hours so too short, also other cods i played over and over, this don't have the same pull. Might play some more but pfffff dunno. Game is fun and looks awesome in my eyes though.

20. bender78

bender78 Member Guru

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon HD3850 256MB
    Sorry to hear that. But there must be something wrong with your system.
    On my out-dated rig this game runs very smooth, i never had the slightest "bug" or error message whatsoever. This game may have the best optimized DX9 engine i have ever seen (apart from GW ;))

really not a single problem here with
    <------- these specs