cod 2 compatability

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by FanMan, Dec 23, 2005.

1. FanMan

FanMan Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3870X2
    Hey can anyone here give me a rough idea on how my system will do in cod 2?? if you really need more info to determine (other than my profile) please ask :D. thanks.

2. hemmy

hemmy Master Guru

GPU:
    2x6950 Crossfire
    DX 7 will run great(it looks good)

Dx 9 will run in 800x600 with a little AA or 1024x768 no AA

3. FanMan

FanMan Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3870X2
    ok thanks alot just wanted that secure feeling heh. Can you explain the difference between the directx 9 and dx 7 in the game? is there much of a diff at all? ANything to notice or is it even worth enabling. thanks.

O and btw is there an option in game to switch between dx9 and 7

Edit: yeah i just played the demo and i run ok in both with those rez and aa but still significantly faster in dx7.....i wish i had the eye candy from dx9. there actually is a lighting difference from the sun which is really cool hehe. Man who would have thought that the rig i had would be kinda out dated !!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  4. GuitarScott

GuitarScott Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT 512MB
    yea in the video settings.. theres a little button for dx9 and 7.. 7 will run blazingly fast.. but u miss out on dx9 features.. ie.. hdr, sm3.0, all that good stuff.. frankly dx7 looks a little cartoony.. but i only played it for like 10 seconds.. cuz well.. i dont have the need to :p

5. Jotgga91

Jotgga91 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO
    I have the EXACT same system as you, A Dell 8400, same graphics card, processor speed, ect.

Anyways, dont listen to the 2 posters above, they have no idea what they are talking about. I run it in 1280x1024, 2x AA and 8x AF, everything high, extra on texture settings except specular, and get a constant 35-50 fps. One a couple of levels, it sometimes has a 30-35 fps average, and a tiny bit lover on huge fight scenes, as COD2 has extremely shaky framerates, but with the new 1.01 patch, it runs 20% better because it fully utilizes Hyper-threading, which your processor has.

6. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Does anyone have a direct link to this 1.01 patch? I can't seem to find it.

7. saec

saec Guest

8. FanMan

FanMan Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3870X2
    Wow cool.........why am i getting such crappy fps then? is the demo worse in performance or something? cuz i only maxed out at 50fps in dx9 when everything, i mean everything was ABSOLUTELY On the lowest settings including the resolution.

9. FanMan

FanMan Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3870X2
    I still havent gotten an answer....can someone plz give me a shout here? Im wanting to know if the full version is different in performance from the demo, thanks.