Club3D warranty?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Azjo, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Azjo

Azjo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-TI Tw.Fr.2GB
    Hi

I have an older graphics card which is dead now.
    For a while i had put a zalman cooler on to get it more silent, but now the original cooler is back on.

I was wondering how strict is club3d at checking if there has been applied some other cooling paste on?

I would also like to hear about other kinds of experiences from club3d warranties :)

This is in europe by the way.

2. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    unless they dis-assemble it..which i highly doubt they will..you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

3. Azjo

Azjo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-TI Tw.Fr.2GB
    Why do you doubt that they will do that?

4. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    I meant i doubt they will dis-assemble the card if you send it to them. I would be too much of a hassle. It would be simpler just to give you a new one.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I would be very surprised if they could look at your paste and tell if was a different brand - unless it was pink or purple or something. Pretty sure that thermal paste wouldn't void a warranty..

Speaking only from my own experience with rma's I once RMA'd a 5 yr old BFG 6800GT OC that had 2 broken screws on the gpu cooler so that it was only held on by 2 screws out of 4.

After thoroughly cleaning my gfx card in the dishwasher I had put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to dry it, and for some reason when I reinstalled the card my pc wouldn't boot up. I think the problem was that I didn't put it inside an anti-static bag before I microwaved it.

Anyway BFG replaced my card no trouble so I guess you should be ok.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. Azjo

Azjo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-TI Tw.Fr.2GB
    In the microwave?????? you have to be kidding me?