Club3D HD4870 OC Fan Mod?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by djfrankel, Dec 17, 2008.

1. djfrankel

djfrankel New Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD4870 OC 1024MB
    I have a question. I have a Club3D HD4870 1GB OC. This card comes with a Zerotherm cooler. The cooling of the heatsink is fine, under load the gpu is 60 degrees celsius. But the fan makes a terrible noise, even when it is idle. The fan that is installed on the cooler is only 60mm I guess. So I wanted to get that fan off the heatsink and install a 92mm or 120mm fan on it. Preferably a 120mm scythe sliptream, since these are just great silent fans with a good airflow. But does anyone have an idea how I can mount this fan on the cooler, or those anyone have a link to a site or forum of somebody who did this.

Regard, Frank

2. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    after you remove the plastic shroud and the old fan mounting a new fan should be simple. get some twist ties (plastic coated) or zip ties. run them in between the fins on the heat sink and around the heat pipes. then run the ties through the mounting holes on the new fan and secure. doesn't have to be mounted rock solid, just enough to be held in place. did this to my S1 to attach new fans since my turbo module quit and has worked great for months.