Cloverfield

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by vbetts, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Reality|Bites

Reality|Bites Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI Asus/eVGA 8800Ultra/B
    Well I havn't seen Cloverfield but it's supposed to be the same as Monster except in a different country.

Watching Monster was painful, Acting was terrible, Plot was terrible, Effects were terrible. I just couldn't get into the movie.

After watching this I have no intention of watching Cloverfield.

Think of the Blairwitch Project only worse.

2. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 3080ti
    SPOILERS

Well I haven't seen it, and I won't till it hits dvd. I don't like the idea of watching a shaky video camera on a huge screen. Anyways for those that are interested heres a link to that claim of the ending, where they say he's still alive, it's just a sound clip.

http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370

From what I've read, this is what the monster looks like if you already saw the movie. For those that haven't seen it, you don't want to click on this. This is what he's suppose to look like. This is suppose to be the best picture of what he looks like since the movie didn't really show much of him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/Jamesways/cloverfieldsketch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  3. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Dude, why bother? I'll watch the flick when it hits On Demand but I don't need any more ruination of it's basic plot. Please get rid of your links and let everyone else form their own opinions. Please.

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    DaddyD302 the movie showed ALL of the monster....

and that picture...being close to it...Doesnt look like it though

it looks alot more scary than that.

5. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Well for starters I never asked for your respect..not sure where you came from anyway.

However I did watch the movie and gave my opinion on it based on what I saw along with countless other negative remarks in many forums and reviews.

Having a majority say "it sucked" is enough to diminish faith unless your Tom Cruise.

6. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    I don't know why people are giving bad reviews because of the camera. Its like when house of a thousand corpses came out. its your responsibility to know what you are going to see. I thought cloverfield was good and the monster was kickass.

I hope they make a sequel from a different perspective.

7. wizard8873

wizard8873 Master Guru

GPU:
    2xeVGA 8800GTS Watercoole
    saw the movie saturday and really liked it. it wasn't great but i liked how they made it. if it was just another movie, it wouldn't be as cool. once you actually start getting into the viral ads and the whole story behind it, it makes a lot sense and makes the movie much much better.

8. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    What a waste of bandwith to have such a post on the worst movie to hit NYC. Hey i am legend is right up there.

9. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 3080ti

You don't want to know, don't click it? Not that hard, it's there for people who want to know.

10. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Scary movie making viewers sick

LMAO!! Now this is funny..

11. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    I didn't mean 'you' as in 'you sava700'. I meant 'you' as in 'hypothetical person that claims a movie sucked based on intentional filming technique'.

Still I would have been shocked should anyone have risen to the occasion to explain exactly what they didn't like about the film and why. That is obviously too much to ask of some people. Pity.

12. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I believe many including myself already have givin a reason as to why they didn't like the film..and to save people from spoilers you can't go into details or "WHY" in which your asking. yep..sure is pity isn't it.

13. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Despite all the critique in here, I am about to see Cloverfield... As it got a perfect 8.0 on imdb.com (out of 26,575 votes, which is quite good...). Will of course report back...

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The movie was great because it only focused on the people. It was realistic in the sense that if you were the same situation you'd know exactly what they knew.

I thought it was pretty damn good -- not amazing, but good.

15. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 470
    This movie reminds me of the movie "Signs"... If the ending didn't suck I would have liked it better.

16. lewislink

lewislink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3200
    I'm with ya on it. I saw it today. I didn't expect it would be another ............type movie. I just didn't like it either.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  17. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
  18. Hobbes2oo

Hobbes2oo New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS 512 MB (x2) @ Stock
    Overall I enjoyed the movie except for the shakey cam film style, I really started to feel it toward the end of the movie and after the movie was over I was walking around and felt light headed, sick and euphoric / drunk, a odd feeling that I care not to experience again.

19. gandalf21502

gandalf21502 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 260GTX 216, 700/2300
    Just saw the flick...

The hand cam is an ok idea, does make it feel more real to a point, like the blair witch flick. BUT it causes you to miss a good deal of what is going on, and I would rather see some 'normal' camera action here, mix it in with the hand cam if you feel the need. Also the movie did not give you an idea about what the monsters were are where they came from, left you say 'what?'. The ending was, ok I suppose, but not grand ending really. Overall, 2 out of 5.

20. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    I am afraid that when we finally see all the "Lost" seasons, the ending will be as unsatisfyingly lacking as it was in "Cloverfield"...:(
    I simply hate watching movies with "WTF?" endings. :(