Closing Thread

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by drwngflies, Aug 19, 2005.

1. drwngflies

drwngflies Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260
    To: Hilbert, or any Moderator, who is present.

I created a thread, called:
    How would You Like To Go?

In the Pub, and I have received negative responses to it's content. I assumed, (erringly), that a person who did not feel it was a good thread could simply ignore it, and move on to another one, but, of course, that didn't happen.
    I have been here for awhile, and I feel at home here, where I could, possibly ask something, seriously, and maybe, receive a response that was serious too. But, seems lately, there are too many people with time on their hands, who must post something, if only an 'off' comment, without addressing the question with an answer to it.
    Ther seems , to me, to be way too much of this for my personal tastes, and I am afraid I will take a hiatus from the forum, I called 'Home' ever since I first visited.

I am asking it to be removed from the forum.
    Or, at least close it.
    I never intended the question to cause any discomfort, or make anyone feel uneasy, but evidently, it has.
    I was asked this by a close relative, who needs advice to their situation, and they asked this of me, and, I carried it to the place I could count on help, about anything. So, that being said, please close it, and I will ask in a different place for assistance.
    Thank You for the help everyone her has contributed to my earlier 'tech' questions, for I built my rig from the guidance of Guru's that gave their attention to my woes, and I am sorry things have turned out differently than I had hoped.
    'Flies'

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I don't think the thread needed to be closed, but hey, not a problem. Done.

3. drwngflies

drwngflies Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260
    Thank You Hilbert.
    It was a risky topic, and I guess Guru3D wasn't the best place to ask, but, like I said, this is my eHome. I have always enjoyed this place, since I first visited here, looking for guidance on building a rig, and received nothing but good info, and assistance.
    I understand the responsibility of starting a thread, and not maintaining it, I agreed to do just that, when I registered here.
    I am glad you agree that it wasn't that bad, but I don't want any negative rememberances of me from others here.
    Peace,
    Flies