ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) - and introduction guide and download

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Stability testing needs to run for a long time to be worthwhile.
    GTA 5 seems like a good test ;)

daghtus likes this.
  2. h9dlb

h9dlb Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080 ACX SC
    how do you get the program to start with windows and apply the profile automatically, because the options in the program don't seem to work

3. aavvaallooss

aavvaallooss New Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2070 SU
  4. h9dlb

h9dlb Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080 ACX SC

5. Karel

Karel New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  6. seamen

seamen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S/ 8
    [QUOTE = "Karel, post: 5847753, member: 283700"] У меня небольшая проблема / ошибка. Я перевожу компьютер в спящий режим, если я снова его просыпаю, это не происходит автоматически. Мне каждый раз приходится обновлять и применять профиль. Ничего страшного, но, возможно, стоит изучить этот вопрос. [/ QUOTE]
    Сохраненный профиль запускается при запуске при следующей перезагрузке системы, а спящий режим просто «фотографирует» вашу систему во время выключения, а при пробуждении вставляет эту «фотографию» системы, где ваш профиль еще не был в режиме автоматической загрузки и естественно не загрузился

I have another question - why does CTR load into Windows for so long? I have MSI Afterburner downloaded, then ISLC and only after some time CTR appears, how can you speed up its launch?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  7. sergey1974

sergey1974 New Member

GPU:
    GF1030
    извините что не на английском ! прошу помощи и знаний ! оттестировав мой Ryzen 3 3100 на B450 AORUS M с помощью clocktuner-ryzen-1-1-beta-7 на мод UBU_v1_79_9 биосе ф41 я заметил оптимальный вариант - окно где более менее работает стабильно мой процессор
    +0,042 перезагруз
    +0,048 ошибки
    +0,054 ошибки осст !!!!! ppt увеличить биосе как?
    бо даже с открытым корпусом ошибки !!!!оптимально
    +0,060 ошибок мало
    +0,066 перезагрузка
    clocktuner рекомендует +0,054 и частота 4225 и 4250 ! у меня стабильно работает на 4200 и напряжение +0,054
    есть ли окно на более высоких частотах для меня ? судя по файлу CTR STATS CCX1-2 LO.xlsx есть но от обилия настроек у меня рябит в глазах ! понимаю что нужно настраивать не только VID voltage но и PPT и
    EDS и другие настройки в биос ! ну подскажите пожалуйста где их искать! прошу хоть кто нибудь!

8. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Hmm I need google translate for that. :rolleyes:

sergey1974 likes this.
  9. sergey1974

sergey1974 New Member

GPU:
    GF1030
    NightWindMaster Guru thanks ! and a couple of your words inspired me and on the bios f60b I overclocked my Ryzen 3 3100 at 4300 and voltage +0.126 passed CinebenchR20 and did not reboot ! thanks ! and a couple of your words inspired me and I overclocked my Ryzen 3 3100 to 4300 on bios f60b and voltage +0.126 passed CinebenchR20 and did not reboot! now I'm getting up the courage to overclock to 4400

10. Adam Honved

Adam Honved Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    Does anyone get much higher Chipset temps when applying CTR profiles?

For me it is an instant rise from 35°C to 55°C.

ASUS B550-F here.

11. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I have to confess that apart from CTR 1.0 b3, the first release, I cannot get any released version of CTR to work in my system. 1.1 b7 crashes before it finishes, and is set to run exactly like in 1.0 b3. It completes in 1.0--but doesn't in 1.1b7.

But I am perfectly happy with the overclock I get using 1.0 b3--it works, the "start" program finishes and the profile correctly activates upon reboot. I upped the pwr to 1300mV upped the clocks and it's fine! So I have a nice all-core overclock available when I want it! Runs cool because it uses less pwr.

12. drchor

drchor New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060Ti 8GB
    Does anyone know which options I have to choose?
    In the previous CTR guide, as an ASUS user, I have to set LLC to level 3, CPU current capability to 100%, and Phase mode to 'standard'. But I have only 3 options for Phase mode(optimized, extreme, and manual with Ultra fast/Fast/Medium/Regular) in phase control panel not 'standard'

From the video tutorial for CTR 1.0 on Youtube, he set LLC to level 3, CPU current capability to 120%, phase control to auto, Global C-state control to Enabled, CPPC and CPPC preferred cores to Enabled.

In the new CTR 1.1 guide, it said LLC can be set auto (or level 3), and there is no other recommended option in the article. Then, what about other options..? such as Current capability, Phase control, Global C-state control, and CPPC things...

There were too many recommended options previously but there is only one option to adjust (LLC as auto). It makes me dizzy...
    Is it okay to start with LLC as auto, Current capability as 100%, Phase control as optimized, Global c-state control and CPPC things as auto??

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  13. seamen

seamen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S/ 8
    A few questions:
    1. How does the power scheme affect the program - if I have a maximum processor load balancing of 99%?
    2. Performance will increase if I disable threads, leaving only kernels on R3600 - 6 kernels on 6 threads, since I do not use multithreaded applications and do not play multithreaded games.
    3. And the last thing - what are these numbers, what do they mean?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    The numbers in Red are an indication of how good the actual core is in comparison to the others so you may have some at 160+ and others less as above, I am not sure how that figure is calculated though

NightWind likes this.
  15. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    1. Here I can tell you that used both the windows balanced and 1usmus general power plan, also the minimum state was set to 5%, for obvious reasons (temperature and unnecessary fan spinning).
    2. Did not try this yet, maybe someone else will answer.
    3. The bigger the better, those are indicators of core quality, it's a little bit strange if all are exactly the same though, maybe you should do another diagnostic?
    1.JPG

16. seamen

seamen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S/ 8
    it is bad that in one block there can be better and worse cores - if you could set values for each core and not blocks it would be cool

17. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Well, what can you do, the oc is different for me as well 4400 and 4450 Mhz (3800X) as one ccx is somewhat better than the other.
    Not sure if what you say could or will be implemented, but who knows?

Tim24 likes this.
  18. seamen

seamen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S/ 8
    [QUOTE = "NightWind, сообщение: 5850221, участник: 283103"]
    3. Чем больше, тем лучше, это показатели качества ядра, немного странно, если все в точности одинаковы, может, стоит провести еще одну диагностику?
    View attachment 2648

19. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Ok...
    Maybe next time the core indicators will turn out to be different. So yes, another diag would worth it.

Tim24 likes this.
  20. seamen

seamen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S/ 8
    the previous message did not pass - I wrote that I have disconnected threads, only 6 cores of 1 thread each work so it is possible that in the first block all cores are the same, but in the second different, if you turn back 12 threads, then it turns out that in the first block indicators 130 and 127, and in the second 127 and 116

[​IMG][​IMG]