clock settings for FX 5200?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by lagrafx, Aug 21, 2003.

1. lagrafx

lagrafx Member

GPU:
    GeForce FX 5200
    is there a guideline relationship for raising gpu core and cpu memory clock speeds?

i.e. if you raise core from 250 to 280, is there a guide to how far you can raise gpu memory clock?

i'm having trouble raising clock speeds inside Nvidia control panel. says it won't take any higher speed w/o testing first and ALL tests fail at any speed change. auto-detect just leaves settings at default. any suggestions here?

2. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783
    I think you computer is gona go on fire..be carefull ;) ..but just a suggestion ok.. you should work on gettn the cpu OC good without temps of 65-70 before you start OC'n your video card !!
    just a thought..

Thunda

ps..there are a couple of GOOD stickies at the top of this forum you should read through them good..theres some great info in them.. good luck

Last edited: Aug 21, 2003
  3. lagrafx

lagrafx Member

GPU:
    GeForce FX 5200
    well in Rivatuner i had been able to alter the gpu core speed, but not the gpu memory clock.

i saw two places to alter clock speed in Rivatuner, and a 2D and 3D tab in the nvdia control panel.

this just confused me, i didn't know which to move to where and how high etc.

i'll sloooooow down and get the cpu cranked down :)... but when i do i'd like to know how to intelligently up those gpu clocks.

4. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783

i think thats cuz it speeds up and runs higher clock speeds when in 3D (games and stuff) ...2D would be desktop stuff..So I would think to OC just the 3D tab..remember I said "I THINK"..lol

Thunda

Btw..seriously read the sticky's at top of this forum ...they will give you a real good basic idea on how to OC..also there is no guideline that says if you up your GPU say 5% the memory has to go up 5% ..you just have to go up SLOWLY and test test test for stability then move up untill instability and back off a few notches..just do one at the time