Civilization 5 and it's plethora of problems

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Renegade8100, Dec 27, 2010.

1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    as if we needed any further confirmation, lets have a quick peak at the 2k forums shall we??

[​IMG]

2. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II
    The game also crashes for me sometimes. DX9 seems to fix it however, but I want to play in DX11. :wanker:

There are still way too many bugs. They are fixing them slowly, but I can't help to think I've been playing a Beta version.

And I'm still waiting for a good AI mod. It's ridiculous. They declare war based on the units you have, not their strength, and diplomacy is still a joke.

Just last night, I offered peace to Catherine, which had just one island city after I captured the others (she started the war btw, crossbowmen vs my infantry :rolleyes:) and she DEMANDED pretty much every resource and gold I had...

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Totally agree.. You really can't win with the game. Its like if you're friends with a nation, you really have no gaurantee that they will not just randomly start a war with you, regardless of your trade agreements or long time standing. Its just a total clusterphuck that way. Not to mention how the AI will build a city right next to your borders and then go to war with you because "you're buiding your civ too close to our borders".. I mean wtf

At times I would destroy one unit of another civ's army, and they would come to me offering me all this gold, one of their city and some resources, and yet when they were down to literally one city left then they would make all these demands as you mentioned.. what a joke lol

4. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    "PC Game of the Year" on GameSpy...

5. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    WOW, i have played this game for so many hours and i didn't come across any of this problems.

6. damage-_-inc

damage-_-inc Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI ICEQ4 Turbo 4850
    At first the game would randomly crash after long gaming sessions.

Then I decided I should clean out all the dust in my PC and upgrade the gfx drivers and now it runs without any problems.

7. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    No issues here.

8. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    lol the only ones without an issue seem to have nvidia products

9. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    No, nVidia here and i have the late game/ huge map crash.

Been on the 2k forums for the past 2 weeks, seems high/er end systems suffer the most from the crashes but no real consistency to pin point where the problem lies.