Cinebench, More Cores, more Threads - It all doesn't Matter - says Intel

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 23, 2020.

1. fredgml7

fredgml7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7600
    The sad part is that most people don't know better, so marketing is very effective on them. :(

TalentX likes this.
  2. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Intel could at least be half honest and stating they are the best because they got more fps for high refresh gaming, they are better for certain workload (office, light photoshop, audio, etc.), They have the best brand image/recognition, and more mature relation with OEM and system integrator and just be silent about ALL the stuff where AMD beat them down. But no they have to spread BS like a teenager troll. /facepalm

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    It seems the guys running Intel are lost or clueless because this is so retarted it´s hard to believe... They could spin the advantage AMD has right now much better instead of pretending it doesn´t matter... And to think some of those idiots are being paid thousands to produce this kind of crap...

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Intel would be better off saying absolutely nothing. They better hope Zen3 doesn't yield the supposed 15% IPC gain and they really better hope Zen3 doesn't achieve higher clock speeds because otherwise all of their points will become moot.

Uh... nobody is going to be able to tell the difference what CPU they're using for those tasks. Nobody "wins" when using Skype or Word; they're not taxing enough. Of all of those, WinRAR is the only one where performance actually matters, and clock-per-clock, the performance is roughly the same against AMD.

5. Locoyote

Locoyote Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Forget about the bullshit marketting, what really matters is Intel innovating with new products that hopefully us gamers will want to buy for our next systems. Clearly Intel is under pressure from AMD, which is great, that's healthy competition. I expect great things from Intel like going from a Core2Duo to an i7 3770K that performance increase was massive, whereas going from that i7 to my current R7 2700X is not such a "real world" noticable difference yet, because I have the same GTX 1060. I'm hoping the new nVidia cards will be worth upgrading to and new games gradually become more multithreaded to take advantage of 8C16T procs. Video transcoding is nice and fast though, but I don't do much of that. For £158 though, it was a no brainer bargain with no competition from Intel in the Black Friday sales last year.

6. lordzerg

lordzerg Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    Oh these slides are so funny :D :D :D

7. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Ah Intel another day (or year) same dick moves from the marketing dept

8. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Absolute procreating numpties they are.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Old news but an interesting video about those particular slides all the same:

10. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    How can software engineers / game designers bring more dynamic and next-gen gaming experience if they limited by computing power?

4 Cores is all you ever need for your small and limited "Real World". frack you Intel and shame on you. Useless piece of stagnant crapware.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020

11. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Intel is like the moron who said that we won't be needing more than 640K of RAM by saying that having more cores does not matter when it does. Intel try telling that ridiculous statement who does a lot of scientific work and the users who use data centers and the users who use tons of virtual machines. They need all the cores and threads they can get.