Chromium powered Microsoft Edge

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Carfax, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I did my periodic windows 7 updates *cough*bypass esu*cough* and this came along with it, i installed it to have a non chrome standards browser that i can confirm or exclude issues in when reporting firefox and waterfox issues.

2. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I managed to get back in 2007 (year) by turning off hardware acceleration + 32bit version

Even steam eats more ram now :)

and yes i didn't notice any performance degradation comparing to default settings, yeah maybe more cpu usage but who cares if you have 6+ cores, on the other way there is no gpu usage and minimal vram usage too

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  3. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    In situations where access to 3rd party browsers is forbidden, I prefer Edge over IE of any version.
    It's like Chrome, but without Google in the back. A big step forward in corporate environments.
    VMware UI works fine.
    HP switch webinterfaces work fine.
    Browsing is a lot faster than IE.
    GPO compatible (Server 2016+ afaik).
    Less hassle with some specific web interfaces I work with.
    Updated through Windows.
    And so on ...

I really like it, but at home I still use Firefox more, but only because of adblock and noscript. All this bundled garbage like Sync drives me insane. So much bloatware....

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    how do i get menubar like firefox has ? that how i access my bookmarks, or can i move the stuff favorite icon to left side of hell move and icons buttons?

And why is Edge not clearing cache on exit? cause ccleaner is show me files still there upon exit

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    meh I find the same reason why I didnt like chrome is same reason I dont like chrome edge cause it diffently not clear all of cache like chrome didnt and to change profiles location in edge is no where as simple as firefox is like they dont want people to be able to do that easily

I will keep it isntalled with my bookmarks and ublock origin install beyond that it will remain fallback browser for now

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  8. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    After using Firefox exclusively for probably around 15 or more years, I switched to Edge. It has all the extensions I need bar one (maybe I didn't search enough). Also the option to import browsing history from Firefox is pretty neat. I have years of browsing history from the same Firefox profile I transfer from one Windows installation to another.