Chivalry 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TaskMaster, Jul 11, 2021.

1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    Hey Guru's,

https://chivalry2.com/

Anyone playing this? I bought it 2 days ago, totally forgot it came out! Have been so busy with my wife and child on the way.

Feels a lot different than the first game and is aesthetically really pleasing.

At first the combat was really hard to get into, not as forgiving as Mordhau, but once I got the hang of it, the kills are really, really satisfying.

2. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Well its not on steam or any of the regular stores I visit. Although I did register that it was close to release. I guess the most important question is whether its better than mordhau?

Btw, being only on EGS, how many people are playing it?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  3. kapo

kapo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    I can't recommend buying this right now. You can't reliably party up with your friends on pc because EGS is complete trash. You can't party up with your friends on console because the cross play that they advertised was a lie. Over one month since release now and not a single patch to fix bugs that were in the beta. Stay away.

4. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Well I don't care that much about cross play with consoles or even friends, because they don't play games like these. I am more concerned that it would be possible to play with steam users once it releases on steam.

Either way, saw it on GMG for 26 pounds and bought it. Compared to mordhau the maps are more fun, but the combat system is overall worse and there are some bugs from time to time. Personally I can't just use mouse to chose direction of a strike (it has a different keybind) and the riposte is quite weird because of that, at least for me.

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Had my eye on this but the subreddit is pretty salty at the moment for the reasons @kapo mentioned so decided to hold fire for now to see if some of the issues get fixed and whether this sinks or swims in the end.