chipset isn't updating???

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by errorrrr, Dec 22, 2008.

1. errorrrr

errorrrr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I have the MSI Platnium x58 board, and in my Device Manager, the system devices' driver such as I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port, Hub System Management Register,Hub Throttle Registers, etc all list as 9.1.0.1005 and the chipset INF update suppose to bring it to 1007 and after running the installation it still shows 1005 for those devices... (It didn't prompt a reboot after, which I thought was weird... but I restarted anyways, and still showed the same...)

Any idea??

2. Helpful

Helpful Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    I had trouble like that once. Here is what I did:

I unzipped the package to its own folder. Then in Device Manager made it update and pointed to the exact folder where I previously unzipped it and it worked:)

3. errorrrr

errorrrr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Thanks I'll give that a try... also, if anyone have i7 and MSI Platinum board, does anyone have a huge lag spike trying to start up American Instant Messenger 6.8??? When I start up it up every time, I get a HUGE lag and the task manager shows full CPU load... for some unknown reason >_> Is this a compatibility issue?

Edit: I try to extract the file from the Intel Chipset installation in a .exe and no luck >_> how can i extract the files in the installation?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  4. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 reference
    You could use the command /OVERALL.(create a shortcut of inf installer; right click on properties icon; add /OVERALL at the end of name)
    This will force install the chipset drivers.

Also station drivers have the latest chipset drivers, you might want to try those:
    http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel chipset.htm