China regulator Monitors DRAM and NAND Price Fixing

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That DRAM and prices have been too high for over a year now we know, we always blamed low availability and demand for this. However, China’s economic regulator is paying close attention to ...

China regulator Monitors DRAM and NAND Price Fixing

2. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Lol it only took them 18 months to realise DRAM prices had doubled

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Unless someone does more than slap these companies on the wrist, they're going to keep doing this because demand is still high. As long as the demand doesn't drop, the prices will keep going up.

I sure am glad I got my 16GB back when it was just $75.

4. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    Wouldn't be the first time they did it or second or for that matter the third time. I think i see a pattern here guys, punishments must be sooo severe :D:D:( that they been caught already several times in collusion, paid the fines and then couple years down the road done it again

5. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Funny we have been saying that for the last year!

6. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    writing was on the wall over a year ago to anyone paying attention. plenty of people here & elsewhere even called it before it began happening. then came reports of scaled back production due to plant issues, etc...the problem with the situation isnt even the facile reasoning manufacturers keep throwing out via PR channels in press releases that dont hold up to scrutiny...its that they know they can continue handing out flimsy excuses for raising prices, as any penalty incurred is outweighed by their padded profit margins.

meanwhile im less than surprised that china is investigating, as they churn out knockoff smartphones by the bushel & must be feeling a pinch by now. i am however disappointed that that is wat has instigated an investigation.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Whatever people think of the Chinese or even Russian governments, when they see something they don't like they crack down hard on it. No IF's or But's... So glad they are looking into this because the DRAM gouging is plain stupid considering the manufacturing process is less difficult than CPUs...

ZXRaziel likes this.
  8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The RAM industry was already charged for price fixing in the past. As have ATI/nVidia. Anyone who believes all these markets which are controlled by only a handful of companies at most don't collude must be incredibly naive.

__hollywood|meo likes this.