Check if your PC is compatible with the Microsoft Windows 11 tool

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 25, 2021.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Yeah, I just kinda laughed as I scrolled through the list of supported processors.... My son's i5 6600K isn't supported.... There's no real technical reason for lack of support, other than the TPM issue, so it should be compatible with a TPM module (which I actually have installed). I guess the devs at MS just aren't that bright....

I'm jumping on first chance to install it....

My R5 1600AE supported fTPM 1.2.....same as my R5 2600....but R5 1600 isn't "supported" The R5 1600AF also supports fTPM1.2, but also isn't "supported".... MS failed on this one.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What a great way to unveil an OS. Disappointing the people who actually bought their hardware too.

Given how buggy windows 10 has been the past few years, I dread being forced to stay on it as they will neglect to fix issues. The next time they break video game performance they may just tell you to upgrade instead. The 2019 and 2020 versions all had glitched aero snap and hadn't been fixed when I last tested it (21H1) and task manager has forgotten how to sort alphabetically under the processes tab in 1809. There's also changes like removing the ribbon in explorer and reducing it to a toolbar (what's old is new again) with a lot less number of functions readily available according to their own marketing material. ffs ... the next time they bs about being feedback driven!

It's not even an issue. Intel PTT is enough and is on even older platforms. They're perfectly compatible if a bios option were available to turn on but they and their partners would rather go the forced obsolescence route.

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    to be honest there kinda is a reason, at least the only one i could think of that is reasonable..
    7th gen intel was 2017
    Ryzen 1st Gen was 2017

Spectre/Meltdown Januar 2018

8th Gen Intel 2018
    Ryzen 2th Gen 2018

if you now take into consoderation there where changes made in the security and also the Windows 11 TPM requirement , it makes a lot more sense.. That would also explain why an 8th gen dual core (minimum requirements) is "safer" or prefeered to, an 7th gen i7 CPU.. wich , i know sounds totaly stupid for the normal user. but with this information and teh timeline its pretty obvious id say... of course this is just what i think...

Best Regards

edit...
    on a side note :p Passing the Winderp 11 Test like a BOSS..
    Unbenannt-1.jpg

dont mind the core count, ram or speed, i has come from the Future :cool:

*Disclaimer, dont try this, its not recommended...

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    R5 1600AF was released in 2019, but still not supported....and, architecturally, is no different from R5 2600. They're both even 12nm parts. As far as feature support, there is no difference between R5 1600AE and R5 2600. So, technically speaking, there's no reason Ryzen 2000 series should be supported if Ryzen 1000 series isn't and vise versa. 2000 series is essentially just a refresh of 1000 series. It's really just a marketing ploy to sell more computers. At least where AMD is concerned anyway.

sierra likes this.
  6. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I cant run Win11 ....wait.. .what... lol

7. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Once I turned PTT on in my Asus BIOS and made sure it was set to be detected by the OS my system passed MIcrosoft's little test. Using a i9 7900x for reference. Some CPU's are passign when not on the list it seems - more likely because in my case the 10900x is on the list.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its the same cpu afterall.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Seems more and more that the real requirements are UEFI and a CPU that has hardware mitigations for Spectre/Meltdown.

JaxMacFL likes this.
  10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    dont forget the native android app feature.
    it might be that not all CPU´s are capableof using the "Intel's Bridge technology" that might be also a reason. although AMD does also support it. but im not shure, since its an software layer? wich should run even on older CPU´s then.. im not really shure, so dont quote me :oops:

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Sandy Bridge supports SSE 4.2, yet people say it's not supported?

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    TPM and DirectStorage, kinda useless for old systems and even som newer ones, most will probably disable TPM regardless, unless....

13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

TheDeeGee likes this.
  15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The leaked build does not have everything that will come with 11, we will see ones it is released, I just think people are overreacting a but atm. considering that there will be a Windows 10 20H2 as well which so far seem to have most of the features.
    Not much different from new Nvidia driver releases :D

16. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    they probably made theyr own ISO, removing the dll file wich removes TPM 2.0/UEFI/SecureBoot checks..
    does work, there are a few workarounds ;)

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Scalpers?
    I have seen a few stores been out of stock overnight and having the same modules up for over double the price.

[​IMG]

On a site note, also weird that the main supplier for the Xbox Series X was out of stock right after they should have gotten them and then seeing other stores including the one above having them for a much higher price.

18. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 7800 XT
    What OEM system builder requirements have to do with Windows upgrade setup process?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications

Windows 10 version 1511 processor requirements also start from Intel Broadwell models, which was the latest desktop/mobile CPU released in 2015. Yet I was able to install and run Windows 10 on much earlier Yorkfield, Lynnfield, and Sandy/Ivy bridge processors, on retail, OEM, and volume systems, and even with UEFI emulators to support NMMe boot.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements

TPM has been on the OEM requirement list since 2016, and UEFI Secure Boot since Windows 8 in 2012, so arguably that was coming, but even then Secure Boot and TPM support does not really requires Coffee Lake and Ryzen - any system starting with Sandy Bridge / Silvermont and Bulldozer / Jaguar can be made to work.

So unless they are going to actually block specific CPU families during Windows setup and/or OS startup process, this is not going to be enforceable...

19. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    The bios of the Asus X470-F has fTpm 2.0 agesa firmware that you can enable, but comes with a warning message that says your drive will be encrypted and whatnot. Thought never mind will leave that alone for now...

20. mais4u

mais4u Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT
    No issues on
    mpg x570 gaming edge wifi motherboard with 5800x cpu

the check ran fine after enabling the TPM in the bios.