1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Win10 keys

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Netherwind, May 28, 2019.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Hey guys.

A friend has asked me to build a computer for his son which shouldn't be expensive since the boy is young. Win10 Home is unfortunately a big part of the total price (~130€ in Sweden) and it's always a challenge to cut corners with these budget builds. It's not impossible to find cheap keys here and there (even on this very site) but I'm wondering how safe these keys are. Will they stop working within a few weeks?

2. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 AMP
    G2Play does Windows 10 pro OEM for €25.

3. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X

5. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    RX64 Red Devil
    Hi there.

Before you "take the bite": Do you have any Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 license laying around?

See:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-10-activation-methods-overview.421057/
    => method / spoiler 3
    Note: AFAIK any version below PRO (example: Win7 Starter / Home / Home Premium / etc.) will convert to Win10 HOME, only PRO or higher versions (example: Win7 Professional, Ultimate) convert to Win10 PRO.

EDIT: Happy to help, explain or assist, just ask. ;)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    I use verified Reddit sellers my self.
    r/microsoftsoftwareswap/
    The current key I have, it's 2 years old and never had a problem.

But, use Guru3D deal to help Hilbert!

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    This key is for a kid that has never owned a computer before :) But good tip otherwise.

386SX likes this.
  8. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
  9. Y0!

Y0! Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    OK so they offer an Enterprise LTSC key for just 15 euro, and they provide a link to a site that shares links to something you cannot just download officially.
    I mean, I'd love to have the LTSC and just use it, but the thing is that it's a home PC, so may I have some troubles because of that?

E.g. how to activate it, do I need to give Microsoft my name and other personal stuff?
    And if I change my motherboard or CPU - do they keep the activation to my new one or they will say "dude it's not an official key so good bye"?

10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080

11. Y0!

Y0! Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    A reason not to purchase a key for LTSC is because once they release a new branch of it https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/ you will need to buy a new "volume" key (now it's LTSC 2019 (v1809), before that it was LTSB 2016 (v1607), and I'm sure I read somewhere that Microsoft promised to release them every year, so buying a new key every year even for 15 EUR is not really good), the key works only for a specific branch - e.g. keys for LTSB v1607 didn't work for LTSC v1809.

386SX likes this.
  12. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    RX64 Red Devil
    AFAIK you will get a used MAK (Multiple Activation Key) with a specific license count. After each reinstall the count is up by one. MS is able to "reset" the key after proof of the license holder. But that would require some KMS server keeping track of the real count AFAIK.

But tbh MS changes its terms and conditions too often to be sure. :)