Cheap mixer?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by chilly willy, Dec 5, 2014.

1. chilly willy

chilly willy Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    I tried looking on amazon and monoprice for a mixer and I honestly don't know where to start or know any of the brands. I know what i need though... I need to take atleast 2 but 4 would be nice optical(spdif) or 3.5mm outputs from 2-4 devices and I would like to listen to all of them at the same time via 1 3.5mm headset and be able to adjust levels of the inputs. I've looked around and found something for 25$ but it only outputs mono, stereo would be required. Also under 100$ would be great. I also don't need any fancy features just levels and maybe a visual decibel level indicator for each source if that's in the price range if not forget it. I just want something that doesn't suck. Any help would be great :)

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
  3. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
  4. chilly willy

chilly willy Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    The 2nd one looks more like what im loooking for. the problem i guess is all this kind of stuff is meant for musical instruments. i know what im looking for can be done with certain sound cards and managing levels from a seperate computer with multiple sound cards in it. kind of annoying though to do it that way with a mouse instead of turning a knob or dial.
    Maybe what im looking for just doesn't exist?

5. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    From a DJ perspective, Behringer is a hell no for any product. Apparently some of their power-amps are highly rated, but there's no way I'd ever buy Behringer for anything. If you look around, there's a reason all their stuff is usually the cheapest.

6. chilly willy

chilly willy Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Wow i made thsi thread 2 years ago? Ive been looking for this product for about 5 i think. anyway i bought something off amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/ART-SPLITMix4-4-Channel-Passive-Splitter/dp/B002VX0DCE

it is a 4 way splitter/mixer. it is exactly what i wanted all along... except i suspected the volume output might be on the low side. and man is it really low! im thinking its low because its not powered. to fix this i could get amps for each output(i really only need 2) or if anyone knows of a device that is this same thing except 3.5mm and powered instead of 1/4 would be easier all i use is 3.5mm with this thing.

Ive looked around but i cant find anything. im almost thinking at this point i should just build some spare little htpc type thing and put a few audio cards in and manage audio that way. how come all the damn audio equipment on the market is designed for musical instruments and hardly anything is meant for just home stuff.