Cheap EVO 840's 250gb (US)

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by ground_zero298, Feb 18, 2014.

1. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    They're still over $200 in store...or at least in my local store....

Thanks for the heads up about the online price.

3. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    No problem.

Newegg and microcenter don't even come close on the price for this, almost makes me think the sale price is wrong.

Didn't stop me from ordering a pair of them :)

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Seen quite a few cases where BestBuy has been cheaper than Newegg lately.

This may be a web only sale. When I was at BestBuy earlier, there was no indication that the 250GB 840 EVO was on sale.

If the wife wouldn't bitch, I'd order a pair for that price....lol. She already wasn't happy with me spending $64 for a 1TB mechanical drive.

5. mckeonkent

mckeonkent Banned

GPU:
    ATI 8750/4GB
    If you need some more speed from your existing PC (especially laptops) this might be what you are looking for. Replacing the stock hard drive on a laptop Win7 x64 my Primary Disk interface score went from 5.8 to 7.6 and the laptop feels much snappier - boots in half the time too. I used the included Samsung Disk Migration software to perform the disk clone (using the SSD in an external USB SATA adapter). When it was finished I simply swapped the hard drive installed in the laptop with the SSD and Windows booted as usual. Note that you need to have a functional Windows installation for the Disk Migration tool to work - you install the tool under Windows like any other app (the tool is NOT a bootable CD with its own OS).[​IMG]