changing the rad on an h80i

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by dmak, Dec 9, 2014.

1. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
    I've seen people use those AIO coolers on their GPU's with a special mounting bracket. What I haven't seen and would like to do is use a h80i or similar on a gpu but use a dual 80mm rad. Im trying to tuck it somewhere a 120 rad wouldnt fit.

[​IMG]

Above is an image of the inside of my case and what I was thinking is putting this product down in the botton left cornor and using a AIO cooler like the h80i as the pump/block combo for the GPU.

How hard is it to change out the rad? I know it's not advisable, but I doubt this new rad would be any more work than the original rad on the h80i is.

2. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    It's doable, but you'd need to secure the hoses/tubes with tie wraps and preferably glue it as extra insurance. And be careful with the glue! Some stronger types of glue WILL corrode the rubber/whatever. And there's the filling and debubbblingggg, which will be nigh impossible. Why? You would need a syringe to un-bubble it.

3. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    One could swap the tubing and add a tvalve to debubble...

4. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
    I've been thinking about the debubbling. Hadn't got my head around that yet. Is there anywhere I can get the specs on the pump in an h80i? I thought about using a water bock pump combo from apogee, but those are 130 ish alone compared to what I could get the whole h80i for. Time for more googling

5. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    That's an option too, but sure is an ugly one...

6. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
    I think what I might do is replace all the tubing and get a small reservoir to use as the fill point. now to hunt for a "refurbished" AIO water cooler to mangle.

7. Greybeard

Greybeard Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX680 DCII
    You will find the pump's full spec here. I hope that helps :)