CES Studio Driver 511.09 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 4, 2022.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It is highly likely that next GRD will be this NSD + some minor fixes / tweaks for the upcoming game releases.
    Whatever is wrong in this one will likely be present in next GRD too.

This driver works fine btw, don't see any issues here.

roadczar likes this.
  2. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    lol what the hell.

First time I fire up Microsoft Flight Simulator since installing 511, it starts in a window, I guess because I let it run to download updates in background the last time, I hit ALT+Enter to go fullscreen (as usual) and my primary display turns off. It turns back on when I hit ALT+Enter to go back to windowed.

This didn't happen on 497.

--edit:
    Wasn't reproducible further on.

--edit:
    Did some more experimenting.

Ugh, Adaptive Sync/VRR is just broken on these G70A. When I disable it display-side on both, CRU suddenly gets reasonable EDID data from them (without resorting to AV mode) and I can start up my Valve Index without crashing. The primary display drops brightness so long the Index is running for whatever reason, tho.

I guess no more VRR for me.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  3. janos666

janos666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Try to watch an HDR10 movie (PC mode does not apply to DolbyVision due to it's inherent 4:2:0 nature but works with SDR and HDR10/HLG) while in PC mode (play the movie from your PC) and look at skin tones. Try the movie "Annihilation" around 00:20:00 (the bed scene). Look for magenta banding (magenta shades appearing on skin tones, around the shadow areas). Now turn PC mode off to confirm the magenta shadows are not in the original content. (Use either the Cinema or the FilmMaker mode with all enhancements turned off.)
    But I don't know, maybe this was fixed on the CX with some firmware updates. But it was there when the CX launched and it's still there on the C9 (which didn't receive any updates lately). This is supposedly fixed on the C1 (but I didn't personally test those yet).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you. As this is not a new bug, I have one more question then for the original issue. Are you running any app in the background when your LG TV goes to sleep/powered off? Like watching a movie/playing a game? Does this reproduce with all apps closed and PC idle?

5. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    oh damn i should update my drivers more often then, thanks anyways.

6. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX3060 OC
    Thanks for your wakeup call, i fully agree with you this thread leads to nothing, i can wait till next week for GR Drivers LOL

roadczar likes this.
  7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I filed a bug so that our team can reproduce this

8. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It has no effect. If nothing is open at all, just an empty desktop - the problem still arises
    Perhaps in a few hours I'll record it on video.

9. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti

10. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks.

This video shows the brightness issue. Video starts with SteamVR running, then closing it, which powers down the Index, then the primary display goes back to normal brightness (after a mode switch which happens for whatever reason). Activating SteamVR/the Index, it's the same, just the other way around (from bright to dark):

SteamVR, 2x G70A, Index - YouTube

(Two G70A both on HDMI, configured to 2160p, 120hz, 8bit Full Range, and an Index on DP, all on an Asus TUF 3080 with the ReBAR firmware, currently studiop driver 511.09.)

As far as the remaining issues go, the displays sending bad EDID while Adaptive Sync is enabled in their OSDs, it still seems to put the some parts of the driver, that rely on anything EDID, in a weird state. Which allows for a third display (or at least an Index) to take down the system with a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I don't have a regular monitor to test as a third device.

Disabling Adaptive Sync in their OSDs, which causes them to send different EDID data (which assume is correct data), allows my Index to come up, as you see in the video above. So long it's disabled on both. Re-enabling Adaptive Sync on just one of them poisons everything again.

I tried to elevate this with Samsung's technical support, because IMO it's for Samsung to fix, but instead they just keep quoting the manual back to me, including the typos. Which led to them claiming the RTX 30 doesn't do adaptive sync, only the GTX 30. See: 9eic5nr.png (812×389) (imgur.com)

--edit:
    Oh, here's another important one:

I tried hooking up both displays to DP after disabling adaptive sync on them (i.e. "good" EDID). Now it allocates 4 DP lanes on each display. (That said, it fails to detect the Index. Doesn't crash tho.)

With adaptive sync enabled (i.e. "bad" EDID), it allocates 4 lanes for one display and only 2 lanes for the other.

--edit:
    Well, crap. Replugging the displays to DP caused them to switch from 120hz to 144hz. It didn't detect the Index at all like this. I put them back to 120hz, it saw the Index and followed up with a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in nvlddmkm, despite "good EDID" data. At least DP lane count is still correct. And the HDMI centric setup still works.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022

11. janos666

janos666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I have unreported frame drops while playing 24fp SRD content with MPC-HC + madVR (this doesn't show up on the diagnostic OSD of madVR). I had to resort to the internal player of my TV for now.

12. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 Ti nvLink
    Seems the DCH bug isn't fixed for those without MSStore.

Polygons surround 2D windows in 2D desktop. This occurs whenever the DCH driver is installed without MS Store. 100% reproducible on 4 home machines and 11 work machines. Had my IT guy test and check out on the workstations.

Common items: RTX 3090s, Windows Server Data Center or Windows Enterprise workstations. MS Store turned off, MS Store is not available to users and is completely removed from machine, APPX is not running. Monitors is either Asus PA32UCX, PA32UCK, or PA32UCG-K, all monitors are connected using DP 1.4 DSC, certified cables, gray neutral background color 70,70,70.

Issue never occurred with standard drivers.

I have attached a SCREEN SHOT of the polygons. Please note its a SCREEN SHOT, not a cell shot, hence its not a monitor or video video card issue (well obviously or so far 15 machines have all the same hardware failures) Since its a SCREEN SHOT it means windows/driver is rendering them. The mouse can go over the polygons and retain shape and color as it passes over them.

Issue is 100% resolved by reverting to any standard driver 461.xx to 472.47.

polygons.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    SatsuiNoHado likes this.
  13. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well guys running this driver still causes 2 issues for me, and i dont know about anyone else but there driving me insaine....

1st bug : not sure what causes it but there is no issue reported in event viewer and randomly i wont be able to watch any youtube videos or movies on my pc with mpc player as when i try to view them the sound is there the video plays but the screen is completely GREEN.. *to fix it i have to go into nvidia control panel and change refresh rate or resolution then it will go back to normal working.. until it randomly happens again.* no idea what causes this issue.
    2nd bug : all my monitors connected to my 3090 will randomly go on and off and on about 4 times like there resolution is changing then start working normal again until randomly it will do it again.... i checked event viewer and it says the following : A caller specified the SDC_FORCE_MODE_ENUMERATION flag in a call to the SetDisplayConfig() API event ID 4187 * no idea whats causeing this issue either.

am i the only one getting these 2 issues ??? or is my hardware screwed lol

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Disable PEG-ASPM support in the bios.

Benign noise.

15. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Astyanax, post: Disable PEG-ASPM support in the bios.

not sure my x570 board has that option or its named differently *x570 godlike msi board*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benign noise.

Are you talking about the display port or hdmi cable ????? as in i need new cables ???[/QUOTE]

16. janos666

janos666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    My current B550 board doesn't have that option either (my older Intel boards used to). Disable the PCI-E power saving in your Windows Power Plan instead.
    He means: you can ignore those, they are just noise in your log. (PS.: I am not sure if that's true, I am just translating here.)

17. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:

Well i checked windows powerplan with a command called : Powercfg -energy in cmd admin.
    and it reported
    Power Policy:pCI Express ASPM is disabled (Plugged In)
    The current power policy for PCI Express Active State Power Management (ASPM) is configured to Off.

so there is no option in my bios but can be turned off when using high performance power plan wich i already have set so that cant be the issue thats causing my first issue ::::: 1st bug : not sure what causes it but there is no issue reported in event viewer and randomly i wont be able to watch any youtube videos or movies on my pc with mpc player as when i try to view them the sound is there the video plays but the screen is completely GREEN.. *to fix it i have to go into nvidia control panel and change refresh rate or resolution then it will go back to normal working...

as for the 2nd bug him saying to ignore it as in it being :Benign noise ???? why would i do that cause when this happens *all my monitors connected to my 3090 will randomly go on and off and on about 4 times like there resolution is changing then start working normal again until randomly it will do it again.... i checked event viewer and it says the following : A caller specified the SDC_FORCE_MODE_ENUMERATION flag in a call to the SetDisplayConfig() API event ID 4187 * no idea whats causing this issue either.

im not going to ignore these issues if there just going to keep happening ... but then again i would like to find out what the cause is....

18. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 3080Ti
    From what i know, this specific caller belongs to signal issues, so i advise to check your cables and/or replace those to check

19. dani_tx

dani_tx Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    @Plug2k don't bother with changing anything in BIOS or regret that such a option is missing there.
    Neither Windows or NVidia respect any BIOS settings when it comes to Power Management.
    Just to prove my point here as my issue is different but still.
    On my laptop i set in Optimus NVidia to accelerate allways but it keeps going to sleep no matter what,which creates so much latency that it takes one second(at least) when i click the start menu to show up. My BIOS is unlocked and there was nothing left to disable there(in PEG) to preven this and there was no difference. The dGPU keeps on going to sleep. Another thing i've noticed(in BIOS) is that the PEG lane,the maximum wattage was set to 75 and when i do just a simple stress test in GPU-Z to check if
    NVidia Boost is working,when it does,the wattage(board power draw) goes up to 85. How is that even possible i wonder.
    Another thing,besides the annoying delay/latency is when it goes to sleep,it heats up and that heat transfers to the CPU as well,but not enough to increase the fan speed. I ended up using third party program to keep the dGPU awake allways.And what do you know,no delays/latency,temperature went down with 10 degrees. For me,at this time,NVidia is one huge disappointment.

And for your piece of mind,just to make sure. Open HWiNFO(the main tab,not the censors),find on the left where your GPU is and it will show what ASPM states are supported and most importantly the current state. If it showing disabled,means that it is.

Appologies to everyone here that i went off topic but needed to vent out a bit and NVidia's forum sucks balls anyway. I don't even bother visit anymore.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This driver seem to have fixed the issue with rendering in WinUI/UWP apps with forced through NVCP 10 bit color on Win10 btw.

Cave Waverider likes this.