CES Studio Driver 511.09 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    NVIDIA just released the 511.09 Studio Drivers

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/184781/

The January NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for the latest new creative applications announced at CES 2022. This includes the general availability of NVIDIA Omniverse and the latest update for NVIDIA Canvas which adds higher resolution exports and five new materials.

BlackScout, Blackfyre and Mapson like this.
  2. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    DCH only.

Release Notes
    https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/511.09/511.09-win10-win11-nsd-release-notes.pdf

Applications
    The January NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for the latest new creative applications announced at CES 2022. This includes the general availability of NVIDIA Omniverse and the latest update for NVIDIA Canvas which adds higher resolution exports and five new materials. More detals at https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2022/01/04/studio-laptops-omniverse-canvas

New Features and Other Changes
    • NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings
    • Added Image Scaling control to boost application frame rates and increase the level of sharpness, detail, or clarity of images in games and applications.
    • Added Shader Cache Size control to set the maximum amount of disk space to use for storing shader compiles.
    • Vertical Sync options for Optimus notebook GPUs are now the same as for desktop GPUs

Fixed Issues in this Release
    • [Omniverse Create]: Corruption occurs with RTX Path-Traced Renderer. [3401408]
    • [Optix Denoiser]: Improvement made by removing denoiser weights from the DLL and loading from a separate file. [3436540]
    • [Adobe Photoshop CC]: Application UI fails to refresh over Remove Desktop connection. [200761000]
    • [Detroit: Become Human]: There is random stuttering and freezing in the game. [3389250]
    • [Autodesk VRED]: Shader compilation fails - gl_Layer is not recognized in the fragment shader. [3436432]
    • Flickering/disappearing text occurs when 12-bit color is used. [3358884

Open Issues
    Windows 10 Issues
    • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
    Download Link
    https://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/184794/

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    r511_04-3

4. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    Wondering if they fixed the "- In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker. [3405228]"

Edit: Finally I think these fixed the random black flicker. Will test more and see but usually it happens on desktop for me right away.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Yes. This driver includes a fix for this issue.

EDK-Rise, peteli, redrumy3 and 2 others like this.
  6. So Studio Drivers are DCH only as well now. What a bs... I guess I won't be getting any new drivers for a very long time.

zver999, cloakengaged and Dimerion like this.
  7. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Just download the latest Win11 installer and do a refresh upgrade. It will fix your broken system (in exchange for some bloat, yes) and allow you to install the latest DCH drivers. :p

8. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Any changes to NIS?

9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why, what's the difference between standard and DCH? The Store NVCP? After vaccine deniers we get DCH deniers? Lmao..

10. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    It's much worse. I actually did get sick for several days from the SARS-V2 vaccines (all three times) but I never had any issues from having a working AppX installer service at hand. :p

11. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Awh sh|t! My LG C9 just auto-switch to PC mode after installing this driver (even though it's buggy and brings magenta banding to HDR). This has never happened with any drivers before (the TV stayed in standard HDMI mode).

12. You really believe that you need to reinstall OS to switch to DCH? And what is even worse, you are recommending W11 to a user, without even knowing anything about his hw configuration... are you crazy or something?
    There are already a few threads about this. There is no point in discussing it here again. If you wanna express your opining about DCH vs nonDCH, feel free to do it here:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/so-only-dch-drivers-from-now-on-with-no-control-panel.440615/

13. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I am borderline-schizophrenic on paper, yes (but the positive effects are eradicated by anti-psychotic medicine). Nevertheless, I don't dissect and butcher my OS to make it unstable and unable to install essential drivers. That's another level of craziness (I have been there in the Win8 era, clipping out parts of the OS, but I learned my lessons.)
    I recommended the official Win11 installer (not a custom modded version) which will refuse to install unless the hardware requirements are met. In case Win11 won't install, then he can do a refresh-upgrade with the latest Win10 installer (and get done with the DCH drivers). But the official media creation tool will direct him to the right version to begin with anyways.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Likely never. Unless there will be R470 patches released down the road.
    Old driver package is out with Win7 support, there is no need to produce it anymore.

Seem to be a new feature made for LG TVs with the announcement of OLED 2 series.

15. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    The C1 (from 2021) seems to handle PC just fine but the C9 (2019) and CX (2020) have banding issues in HDR10 when PC mode is engaged. So this shouldn't be a default. (Although I didn't check the latest BETA firmware on my TV. But I seriously doubt that will fix the magenta banding in PC mode.)

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    PC mode has seperate temperature configuration to TV mode.

17. alpha2beta

alpha2beta Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 3080
    Are we ever going to get a new control panel?

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    we don't need one.

Xtreme512, pharma, JAMVA and 2 others like this.
  19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    GRD soon with God of War release ?

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    next friday?