CES 2021 Is Now Cancelled As Well, Some Digital Activities Will take Place

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    No it won't - there is no evidence that shutting down a country increases death and/or suffering as long as you have a functioning first-world government that actually understands the need for social safety-nets. In fact fatal automotive/work related accidents are already down massively for this year and preliminary studies on the reduction of pollution output shows tons of other lives saved.

Further the idea that it's "hardly worse than seasonal flu" is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read. I don't understand what the people that say this are basing their information on. For the past few decades, in the US, the worst seasonal flu's killed between 60,000 - 80,000 people. This has killed 150,000 people, in half the time, and that's with a massive mitigation effort put in place. Further in pretty much every state non-covid pneumonia related deaths are up 200% half way through the year - which means the number of COVID deaths is most likely under-represented. That's on top of the fact that other, non-covid related emergencies could have resulted in more deaths as hospitals were overwhelmed with COVID patients.

There is no reality where what you're saying is true. You can't explain what you're saying without basing it on your feelings because the numbers from basically every first world country doesn't match what you're saying.

Individual governments? This isn't the first time there has been a disease that required temporary change, only to have life return to normal afterward. Internally some countries that manged to handle the virus already returned to normal, sans basic practices like wearing masks, attempting to distance when possible. Once a vaccine arrives most countries will probably return to normal entirely.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Maddness, HandR, schmidtbag and 2 others like this.
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    @Denial Very well said.

Ah yes, you're totally right - for once, every country's government decided to agree on one thing: make up a disease that totally doesn't exist, see who can cripple their economies the fastest, and get the largest percentage of people angry and hopeless! The politicians running the countries in the worst shape possible will get a gold star sticker, because why else would they be doing this?

Oh yeah, and did you know the moon landing was a hoax, because the Earth is flat and our reptilian overlords try to mind control us with vaccines? Crazy, isn't it? No - I'm not crazy, you are! Shut up! I'm not crazy! *gollum, gollum*

HandR likes this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    affliction wise, sure its no worse than the flu, most deaths are secondary infection after the rona's already assimilated your antibodies.

where it differs is the time it takes to start displaying symptoms vs how long you're actually contagious, flu comes on fast and outbreaks of one genetic variation fade out just as fast..

4. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    You have small businesses closing down and people who aren't going to be able to work, pay rent, pay for electricity or buy food. Social nets are fine, but the government gets money from people working and if no one works, how do you pay for all those things ? Same with healthcare.

Where I live a seasonal flu kill 2000 people each year without us using any restrictions, this one killed ~350 this year with most of the country shut down. That's why I don't see the point or care about further restrictions. I would also question the reported 150k deaths, we too had over 1200 dead until review found that anyone dying with covid was just counted as dying from covid, which is absurd. E.g. 94 year old grandpa with cancer, diabetes and after several infarcts got covid. Once he died, he is now counted as the victim of covid.

6. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700 XT GOC 8G
    Astral Sex sounds fun :p

Can't stop laughing.

7. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah same

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Pretty much sums it up

Attached Files:

K.S. likes this.
  9. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    But they didn't ban cars or keep people from using them if a few thousand people die from drunk drivers every year.
    This is why i dislike hypocrisy so much.

10. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    Cars and accidents don't multiply by themselves exponentially.
    This is why I dislike stupidity so much.

11. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    Right, so tens of thousands of people that die in car crashes are fine. Also people that die from season flu are fine, nobody wore masks for those. But if people die exponentially from Wu-Flu it is a bag thing. Yeah, hypocrisy.