Certain games do not seem to display FPS

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Kirtis, Oct 6, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Kirtis

Kirtis New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GeForce RTX
    Hey Guys,

I have setup RTSS and AIDA64, and have a little display that shows all the relevant stats, including FPS, from RTSS. It works fantastically in most games (I have tried Rainbow Six Siege, Left 4 Dead 2, West Hun, Starfield, etc) but there are a couple of games I have noticed do not display the FPS.

I have attempts to mess with the settings on RTSS to see if it helps, but I'm afraid it's just a little over my head, so I am hoping maybe someone here has had similar experiences and knows the fix.

The two games at the moment I have had issues with, is the Enshrouded Demo, and Counter-Strike 2, both just display 0 for FPS. It might just be a case that it cant display FPS for these games? But I have added a profile for Enshrouded, tried enabling a higher detection level, played with display rendering (Although I assume this doesn't change anything) I have disabled full screen optimization's on the app (Something I found while trying to search the problem). even switched from viewport to framebuffer, just trying anything I can, but still it displays 0.

I can use nvidia experience overlay and it shows it, but I do really like having it displayed on the AIDA64 display, it's just nice to have it out of the way :)

Any support would be much appreciated. Let me know if any more info is needed.

(Windows 11, 7800x3d, 4090, RTSS 7.3.4)

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

xiaomantou likes this.
  3. Kirtis

Kirtis New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GeForce RTX
    Hey mate, yeah I appreciate the response, and that would sure answer the question of why the overlay would not work. However, I am trying to use Aida64, on a separate display (as mentioned), and CS2 is only 1 of games this is happening on.

I should also note, this worked perfectly fine on CS:GO. I originally thought it may have had todo with the fact that these games run in borderless window, instead of Fullscreen, but I also run Rainbow Six in borderless with no issues.

4. Unwinder

Not true. It never worked in CSGO after introducing trusted mode, and exactly the same thing apply to CS2. Reread trusted mode page one more time, it doesn't matter if you try to get overlay visible or just redirect FPS to AIDA - hooking for game process is restricred.
    On Enshrouded - I spend about a hour of my work time on installing it, just to see that everything works fine. User issue.

5. Kirtis

Kirtis New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GeForce RTX
    I'm not sure why you are so hostile, I have not played CSGO in a while, so its more then possible trusted was added after, and as enshrouded was my main concern, I only added CS2 as I wanted to check if there was more then one game to provide multiple data points. I apologies for making you take time out of your work time todo work I guess... geez. I'll find another solution I guess.

6. Unwinder

AIDA is commercical software, RTSS is free and a hobby, if this word tells you something. And I don't get why do I need to invest my work time on dealing with flow of users who never used RTSS before and have no interest in using it for anything but AIDA sensor panel.

wtfisgoingon likes this.