Censored Words on Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Denial, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    So the word par****on is messed up again. Is it because the word "t-i-t-i" is censored, and if so why does it affect other words like that. It is doing it with other stuff like the URL blackh-a-t.com

Surely it must be possible to block a word without it affecting other words using the letter combination ?

2. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Who spells titty as t-i-t-i anyway ?

I can think of one way to keep spam down though, ban Kylzer ;) hahaha joking

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    What? Ti-ti nalle is evil now?
    [​IMG]

IMO that's a bit far fetched.

See? can't even link to this picture:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  4. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    should be easy enough to write a regex that would censor t-i-t-i but not par****on, then again people could then use bad words by doing something like .badword.

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Guys, we have a proxy spammer in the forums that you guys do not see, (the moderators take immediate action on him).

He jumps in under several accounts, posts dozens of messages with links towards a website forum with t-i-t-i in it. It's a temporary measure and once he's done realizing posting these links will be censored whatever he tries .. we'll surely (in good time) uncensor it.

6. Risco

Risco Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650M
    What about the phone ones? Will they ever be unblocked?

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There's so much shyte we try to protect you guys from and you do not see.

That phone censor is a spammer we get bi-daily for more than two years now, on a different proxy & account each time .. so no, I'm not gonna make those idiots life any easier.

Here's an example of what is posted earlier today, and remember .. the moderators see this on a daily basis, there's a good reason for our censor:

8. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    I saw those spam threads a while back but when I refreshed the page a few seconds later they were removed :p

9. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
  10. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    Really... just leave the issue be please. If we use the brackets then its exclusively that word that gets blocked, so any variants would be allowed.
    e.g. lets assume the word "tool" is blocked. So now we block tool like this {tool}. So the spammer comes back and does this, "come buy this new _tool_". Now we have to add {_tool_}.

You see this escalates very quickly. Until there is a smart behaviour tracking technology built into the forums, we are left with IP blocks, word censorship, and manual deletion.

Now i think all explanations have been given. If you have any valid suggestions that we havent already mentioned, then feel free to PM me. Subject closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.