1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cell/Mobile phone question.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Scorch666, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB.
    I know it aint computer stuff, but i hope someone could help.

My Mum has a Sony W810 Cell/Mobile phone which was locked to Orange network. It has now been UNLOCKED so she can use her O2 sim....Problem is shes unable to do multimedia texts, as its still locked to Orange.( Everything else is OK.)

I thought prehaps it could use a Firmware update to O2.< Could i be right? And if so how would i do it?

I hope someone can help her.

Cheers guys.

2. Russell

Russell Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 280
    Its probably just needing the correct mms message settings installed. I know with vodafone you can have them sent to your phone via the support pages on there website. Give that a try with the O2 site.

3. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB.
    Thanks for your reply.

My Mum went into a O2 shop to get it working with MMS, with no success. They said it couldnt be done (but she can still do normal texts)........

So i thought maybe its .cos Orange is still embedded some how in the phone on the Firmware. And maybe a O2 Firmware (if there is such a thing) would solve her problem.

Cheers.

4. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    ring o2 cust services on 4445 and ask them to send you the settings for mms and wap

5. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB.
    She did , and she went to the shop. The setting wouldnt install. And i thinks its because of the Orange Firmware.

Cheers.