CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess he's saying open-world = mainstream.

And that mainstream = might as well be angry birds.

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Every Witcher game only got bigger and better. I think it's funny people are touting about not watching videos, where they bought it, etc. It's gonna be the game of the decade, and we just started this decade. And when it goes online.. Holy crap.

INSTG8R likes this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    I've only watched the RTX trailer and the original one out a while ago, the RTX trailer is all i need to see right now for a pre-order, that and it being from the creators of TW3 of course.
    HYPEEEE!

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  4. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    :D ..but ...but what happened to your budget?

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    That trailer makes it seem like activating RTX is guaranteed for everyone.

Not everyone currently have an RTX 2000 card to turn it On (ironically at the moment just owning an RTX-capable 2000 series card is your biggest advantage if you want to try this game with the feature activated), and those who don't will probably not be able to get their hands on a 3000 series (or a Big Navi) by November 19th due to the severe supply problems (and the resellers basically buy them in bulk to hold units 'hostage' by the thousands all around the world). I genuinely did plan to "simply buy" either an RTX 3000 series or a Big Navi before the game comes out; but that mentality came about much earlier during the year, when for some reason I really didn't think that scalpers would jump on this like it's candy. Then here we are about a month after the paper Launch of the 3080, impossible to find. It brings me back to the Nintendo Switch's first year (here where I live it was literally impossible to just walk in a store and buy a unit on the spot; it HAD to be pre-ordered either online or in person, which lasted from March 2017 well into January 2018).

But at this point I think I'll first play it on my GTX 1080 with RTX turned Off, and it will stay that way until probably end of January 2021. Even if they do become available before that, their price will be way beyond MSRP. I do fear the exact same will happen with Big Navi, even if AMD does have more supply initially, it won't measure up to the scalpers' blood thirst for profits.

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Native 4k without rtx will look better than "4k" rtx with that crappy dlss upscaling, as always the case.

If the 3090 can do native 4k60 with rtx enabled, then i will use rtx... if not, then rtx goes bye bye as the first thing.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Idk why are you hating dlss? I get that native is the way to go but from what i've seen dlss can be quite good delivering almost the perfect image. If 60fps with rtx at 4k is possible using dlss thats a nice way to play i think.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    pfftt, 1080p medium settings for the win...

9. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    One month to go!

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    You have to try it ingame to actually see how bad dlss is, because you can't see several of the most glaring issues with dlss on still shots - they are seen in motion. Basically whenever you move, everything becomes distorted, due to the way dlss works - this especially affects alpha textures and screenspace reflections.

Even the biggest dlss fanboys of them all digital foundry acknowledges this :

Then there is the fact that regardless of technique used, lower render res will give you a less detailed image, that will either be more blurry, or look oversharpened, due to using sharpening filters to try and compensate for the blur.
    Some people dont mind a blurry image, but if you dont mind a blurry image, then why game at 4k in the first place? That's pretty counterintuitive. And i very much dislike an image with sharpening filters applied.

But the lower render res and thus lower detail is quite easy to see on screenshots, even if it is alot more prominent ingame. Text looks fine with dlss, but if you look at the air drain thingies in the bottom, or the reflections on the road, they are noticably more blurry and less detailed with dlss.

Control with dlss enabled

[​IMG]

Control with dlss disabled

[​IMG]

JAMVA, Undying and INSTG8R like this.

11. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    I used to regularly check my countdown on GoG but seeing it reset twice just made me sad so I’m just ignoring how long to go...

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    To me TW2 definitely is not better than the first one. And i know many people think the same.
    TW3 is obviously much bigger, but not better in all aspects compared to the first one. Like for example the atmosphere is way better in the first one, and even CDPR said the same. TW3 is also more simplified.

13. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    https://wccftech.com/cdpr-talks-gi-...-and-using-jali-to-automate-facial-animation/

14. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    DLSS can look rather good, and in some cases, such as motion, it can look much better than native with TAA. It does render the game at a lower internal resolution though, and that creates its own problems. Swimming noise in reflections is a common one.

Hopefully there is an option one day for 2X DLSS, which would basically be rendering the game at a higher resolution and then downscaling it. Something like render at 6K with DLSS and downscale to 4K. I imagine that would look much better than native 4K.

Right now, they're really only using the tech to upscale the image to get better performance. I'd love to see the game running at 8K with a DLSS image up from 4K. It would be interesting to compare the quality of rendering.

15. DannyD

DannyD Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Dude i'm someone that uses zero aa in games, nor any other blur effects for that matter and have been like this since day1 and i can tell you dlss, at least in Control is very impressive, i had no issues with it at all. Don't believe the bs.:)

16. DannyD

DannyD Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    So AMD gets Raytracing, eventually, that's what they're expecting anyways.
    Does that put any of you guys off looking for AMD card right now?
    I didn't want to start new thread or add to another and get jumped for asking, IMO it's bs, splitting us gamers down the middle for sake of money.

17. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Don't think anyone knows yet if the RT development techniques for non-RTX GPU's (AMD/Intel) is similar to Nvidia, or if it will mirror what we see done on consoles.

DannyD likes this.
  18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    For me what matters is if the game is good not if it´s going to use RT or any other type of visual effects.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    27 Days, ohhh boy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.