CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    sorry guys im a bit of a newbie with new graphic techs, what is Lumen?

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Some Unreal 5 engine stuff.. In short dynamic global illumination.

3. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually there's no Nvidia solution because they didn't invent it. Also their RT is not fake, but it's a fraud with which they brainwash people into thinking how this is something good, and that we need it. From a user point of view it is completely irrelevant which technique devs use to create GI, especially if it has similar effects. But to except these huge price manipulations because of some light tricks, and Nvidia only? Lack of critical thinking!
    On the other side Nvidia RT is not good solution for the devs because it's not in engine solution like SVOGI or Lumen. You must implement it which means more hard work for the devs.

And again none of these techniques is real raytracing like you have in reality, nature. You can't bounce light on a "atomic" level, and bounce it quadrillion times. Just imagine what kind of hardware would you need to even have something close to this.
    This Cryengine RT is mix of triangle and voxel raytracing, so it's basically optimized version of what other games have using Nvidia solution.
    Epic should offer something similar, but with different iterations; one should be based on pure voxels, other as a hybrid. Now the reason why Epic has decided to use voxel solution is their Nanite technology, because this tech use milions of triangles so to have triangle raytracing is not good for performance. It is better to voxelize geometry.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    so you are saying metro exodus ray tracing isn t the real deal? even in Control?

5. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    no he says it is, he's just saying that nvidias rtx exclusive features are defruading the community that's all

6. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Well it'll be decades before photo-realism, and that wasn't the point. There's still path tracing too, which will come after ray tracing, when there's better capable hardware. Path tracing has multiple light bounces.

I still wonder why no developers make use of planar reflections? Only seen it in a handful of games. Render-to-texture also works for reflections quite well. There's a lot of ways to do the same thing...some more accurate than others.

7. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    So here are most openworld activities you can do during the campaign, working with factions and random freeroam :

• Main job
    • Side job
    • Gun for hire
    • Search and recovery
    • Thievery
    • Agent saboteur
    • SOS
    • Merc needed
    • Special delivery
    • Assault in progress
    • CyberPsycho sighting
    • Clothing stores
    • Ripperdocs
    • Techies
    • Weapons/Gun shops
    • Trainers
    • Food/Restaurants
    • Bars
    • and other side quests

Solfaur and fantaskarsef like this.
  8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    If you think about how light behaves in reality, nature, not even close. That's impossible. Imagine a very complex 3d mesh where every triangle should bounce a light - how demanding this is. What kind of hardware would you need to calculate every bounce. And things in reality are not made of triangles. They are quadrillions of times more complex, with infinite bounces.
    This raytracing tech that we have today is the real deal if you put in the right context. But do not compare it to the reality. This is why this talk about is it fake or real is ridiculous.

9. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Cryengine SVOGI has multiple bounces. The most demanding iteration has 2.
    Planar reflections are very performance heavy.
    The problem with raytracing is the complexity of your level. The more objects and lights you have, performance will be worse. It would be good to keep the level of complexity like we have today, and to have multiple bounces in the future. But people expect increased complexity, more details, etc.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  10. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Nice to see they mention Ghost in the Shell and Akira... in my opinion two of the best Anime movies to have ever been created.

Witcher29 and fantaskarsef like this.
  12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    They are good but i still prefer the scarlett johansson version of ghost in the shell and Alita: Battle Angel these 2 are my most favorite schience fiction movies [non-anime]

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Thing is, GitS movie with Johansson was in part very close to the anime cinematic wise, at one point (the chase of the cloaked enemy relatively early in the movie) it was 1:1 the same scene and viewing angle as in the anime.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Live action Alita was pretty cool, fingers crossed they make more of that.... kinda strange, I've never thought of that as Cyberpunk, but it is isn't it.... it's still ongoing with Mars Chronicle.

If they did Alita with the cat tail advanced body in live action.......... my dude... just.. yes.. that.. i be happy.. yes.. also Sechs, I would love to see her.. or.. well.. him in live action too... or just the clones in general.

15. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G

16. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
  17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Lots of cool new stuff here

DocStr4ngelove and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Netrunning stuff!

jbscotchman likes this.
  19. Christ the sheer level of variety in creative range here is just staggering ... I wonder how many artists are working on these designs ...

jbscotchman likes this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    All I know is that this will be the only game I need for the next 2 years. And when when the multiplayer goes live, goodbye life, hello Matrix.