CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I don't have that game, but I looked at some of the benchmarks and it seems to be quite performant and has good CPU scaling:

[​IMG]

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I'm still wondering if Windows 7 still affects it negatively compared to if it were Win10 only. It has been said officially for both Vulkan and DX12 that these APIs work better on Windows 10, so there could be a risk that limitations on Windows 7 would make them scale back those aspects.
    And I haven't found any good Win7 vs Win10 benchmarks for the games that support DX12 on Win7.

RDR2 is the only Vulkan game I've found a comparison for and Windows 7 has a clear disadvantage for that game

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Carfax likes this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

the problem is with how unstable it is XD, literally the only game out there that rivatuner can crash (and its not a bug in rivatuner)

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Yeah I checked on the internet and I couldn't find any either. I'm sure that Windows 10 would be faster though, it's just a much more efficient OS in how it utilizes resources. Also, Windows 10 isn't as affected by the numerous security patches and firmware updates for Intel CPUs as Windows 7.

6. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    This is the reason why RT is so demanding in this game.
    Usually devs use just one implementation, mostly for reflections. But to use it for everything is just stupid.
    The question is how it's gonna look with RT disabled. I hope they are not gonna cheat like in the case of Metro where AO basically does not exist when you disable RT.

7. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    You have absolutely no idea how demanding RT is in this game.

You're being unduly negative.

Is anyone else slightly perplexed at the focus some people seem to have on the character creation screen? I've been watching a fair few previews, reading forums and people are constantly asking about it and upset that it might not have this feature or that... and on the other hand talking about it as if in depth character creation tools aren't fairly common nowadays.
    I dunno... just seems like a peculiar focus.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Yup, i noticed. Seems like nothing CDPR does can satisfy everyone at this moment in the hype. Just listen to Alanah Pearce where she mentions the penis size was grey out and she would've prefered more options for a vagina-type.

Uhm ... yeah. Can we talk about gameplay plz ? xD

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. TheSissyOfFremont

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I don't think she was being serious... in fact I think her previews have been very cogent.

10. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Ray-Trace is in infancy stage.Wait for RDNA2 or RTX 3000 series. RT v1 have shitty performance without proper hardware implementation.

About delay,remember when Witcher 3 was delayed in Nov-Dec 2014 because of ...DA Inquisition release.They saw this new game,they liked the graphic and voila,TW3 was delayed for more graphic enhancement. :)
    I really really really hope CDPR dont f** up this new delayed optimization and better gameplay & character setting.

11. TheSissyOfFremont

GPU:
    3090 FE

Katana gameplay.

DocStr4ngelove and Turanis like this.
  12. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually we have people who played it with 2080TI on 1920x1080, dlss 2.0, with raytracing, and performance went down to the 30. And since dlss was used this means that resolution was even lower.
    Also the fact that CDPR stated how RT implementation is a challenge tells you something.
    Btw, i'm not negative, i just notice some things.

Turanis likes this.
  13. TheSissyOfFremont

GPU:
    3090 FE
    You not noticed the other people who said it was buttery smooth over 60fps too most of the time?
    We don't know anything about the specific performance/optimisation of this game because we haven't benchmarked the release build, have we?

The previewers played a preview build - so a build that will end up being at least 6 months old by the time the game comes out.

Of course RT is going to be expensive - that's a given, to state that RT is particularly demanding in this game is patently rubbish. No one aside from the developers knows anything.
    This is the same for every other title that's had RT features - you either want RT and accept the FPS cost or you don't.
    It's an emerging technique that's likely going to be fairly standard in the near future - so the sooner people get on board and accept it's current implementation the sooner the game and hardware devs can improve it.

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Hey I totally want to see it succeed, but for me the game support just wasn't there enough yet. Now after seeing CyberPunk, sign me up for a RTX 3060 on day one.

15. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    That is not correct and doesn't apply to all systems. In most cases, RDR2/Vulkan runs on W10 vs W7 with +-3% difference. In my case, it runs on W7 even slightly faster in some cases.

Choosing DX12 only is bad idea. CDPR should reconsider this and add a Vulkan patch later. If I take into account CDPR's background, I see no sense in choosing DX12.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Is that in your personal system or a work machine? Windows 7 is so old now, damn thing needs to be put out into the pasture.

The developer said it was due to DXR and the Xbox One's DX12 commonality.

Does Vulkan even have a raytracing API they could use? DX12 seems to be improving at a much faster pace than Vulkan, which isn't surprising as only one developer is helming it compared to several with Vulkan.

17. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    4 Intel-based test PCs @ work and my personal PC @ home
    Honestly, W7 and Linux distributions are still my preferred OSes. W10 is built for plebs.

Saving some time is not a good reasoning when you develop a game for 7+ years. Every PC developer should follow R* and use Vulkan as main API, DX12 as a fallback.

Yes, Vulkan has RT support for quite a long time. Even Quake2 RTX is built on VK and not on DXR.

You're completely wrong here. VK development is much faster and also closer to chipmakers like NVIDIA, AMD, Intel, Imagination(PowerVR), ARM, Qualcomm etc..

18. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I wanted to build Zen 3 this year, but my 5960X is still going strong, and I'd rather spend it on a 3080 Ti. I do think the 2080 Ti will be able to do 4K/60 with DLSS 2.0 once they begin optimizing the game, and if not...then 4K/30 should be doable.

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Well, for gaming purposes, Windows 10 is the undisputed champ for certain. Even without DX12 and the security improvements, Windows 10 is superior to Windows 7 by virtue of how much better it handles the security mitigations for Spectre, meltdown and the other vulnerabilities:

[​IMG]

Source

I would have no problem with CDPR using Vulkan, but the fact that they decided to go all in on DX12 is quite telling if you ask me.

Quake 2 RTX was released with a proprietary Nvidia extension. Only just a few months ago has the Khronos group released a cross vendor/platform agnostic ray tracing extension.

DXR on the other hand was released almost two years ago.

DX12 beat Vulkan to ray tracing and multi GPU support so I don't know about that. And historically speaking, DirectX was well ahead of OpenGL till DX12 and Vulkan started taking over.

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I think that's a good idea. CBP 2077 will be horrendously GPU bound due to the ray tracing effects, and Ampere should have a huge performance increase over Turing when it comes to ray tracing.

angelgraves13 likes this.