CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    I totally agree that there is a huge technological leap between Red Engine 3 and Red Engine 4; CDPR know what they're doing and wouldn't set themselves up for failure like that. I'm just wondering if the core features of the engine (since 4 is an extension of 3) perhaps make it a more difficult technology to apply towards a FPS style game. It's hard to explain in detail, but watching these gameplay demos (going back to E3 2018) my eyes pick out little bits here and that remind me of the Witcher games...like how characters move. Or perhaps these are simply design elements that the developers like and have carried forward. Hard to say. Either way I have to remind myself that this is a FPS RPG and is striving to deliver entertainment above all else; it's not trying to be a tech demo nor a graphical showcase. I simply don't want to set myself up with expectations for huge technological leaps in the graphics space. I also hope CDPR has resisted the urge to try and 'tick all the graphical boxes' simply to say that they're there in the game at the expense of other more significant components of the game.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Great recap of all the impressions, sounds awesome!

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ohh man I got so excited when I saw the bit about a Cyberpunk anime being made by Trigger.... and then saw the release date and my heart sunk a million miles...

sigh..

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    What a way to release a new game, basically in line with new consoles AND new GPU launches...... Hype is on another level with this one, everything just looked amazing.

I will admit I did see A LOT of pop-in during the driving sequences, hope that gets sorted but it could just be to optimise the frame rate. The only thing that has me a little worried is that a lot of it looked like scripted events and the camera looks like it the game takes control away from you.... But I haven't played it yet and literally everyone who has had hands on is praising the hell out of it!

Come on November! Hurry the F up!

jbscotchman likes this.
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I wonder how well my pc will fair at 1080p with target of 60fps, I stop looking trailers for the game for reason. my PC might not cut it

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    demos were 1080 with raytrace on a 2080gtx?

skip the ray and it has dlss 2.0 nvidia tech i imagine 1080 doable on mid range hardware, but we see, w3 ran great after some updates.

8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    About the bold part, it was answered by the girl who used to work at IGN, can't recall her name.

I saw her video about her impressions (she got to play the demo like a bunch of others around) and she specifically talks about player agency, player control and camera at some point. She commented that she was told by one of the guys from the Dev team that there's about 4 times in the entire game only where the 'control' is taken away from the player in order to specifically show the player something (I.E. camera movement is automatic and scripted). The vast majority of the game is total player control on everything.

She also mentions that in general you're free to just move away from a conversation without the need to 'finish' the dialogue branch, where even the character you're interacting with would actually sass on you if you take too long to reply. We see a bit of that actually back in the E3 2018 demo near the beginning where V goes out of her apartment to go meet Jack outside, near the famous intersection with a huge crowd of people going about their daily life. There we see V starting up the conversation for the upcoming quest with Jack, but V starts to move away from Jack before he gets to finish his sentence and he cuts mid sentence and just ends it with "Cya later V!" instead of finishing whatever it is he would have said otherwise.

I'll edit this if I find that video again.

EDIT: There, found it, the part about the camera and conversations and so on is... somewhere in there, watch it all, good Q&A overall.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It can t be that this game needs less than a 970 to run well...a 970 ran witcher 3 at 60 fps 1080.p no problem

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Do you need a next gen nvidia card for 4k60, i wonder.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    My guess is yes - they needed a 1080 ti for 4k30, and 2080 ti is only about 30% faster, so that would get like 40 fps... maybe 50.

XenthorX likes this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Looks stunning. Basically we'll all have to upgrade to play this game. Well, not those with 2080's. :D

XenthorX likes this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X

Thing is, CP2077 is releasing with DLSS 2.0 so 4k60 might be doable, latest footage looks way better than previous game footage, i'm impressed!

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

AsiJu, Undying and XenthorX like this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Ye, but as you probably know, i hate dlss (and any other kind of upscaling) - native res or downsampling, or bust... at least for me :)

XenthorX likes this.
  17. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Whilst I'm not a fan generally, have you tried DLSS 2.0 in Control?

It's a significant improvement over the first iteration - I have no idea how much space there is for IQ improvement, but if there's a decent amount, future iterations of DLSS are going to be incredible.

Regardless - the option is now there - significant FPS boosts for comparable IQ with demanding features maxed out.

18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes, it's still very obviously upscaled. I didn't spend a ton on a 4k monitor to play at sub 4k quality - then i would just stuck with 1440p.

19. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I agree, but you don't think that if they can continue to improve the IQ with future versions, it will be viable?

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Newer looks sharper and darker lighting vibe. I like newer more

fantaskarsef, XenthorX and Undying like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.