CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Ohh, this is AU dollars, I wouldn't mind buying a video card from the US because they are so cheap but the sites I've looked at in the past don't ship to Australia because of.... obvious reasons..

2. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/

K.S. and KissSh0t like this.
  3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ah right, that makes more sense.

Is it really that cheap though? The cheapest 2080ti i saw was around 1200 USD, which works out at around 1,930 AUD if Google is correct with the 10% sales tax you pay and that is included in the prices you listed.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    That's really cool!

Just looked at a card I want to get and I would still be saving 54 dollars if purchased from American Newegg.. prices are just so messed up in Australia since the mining rush.... and... well.. just messed up in general regardless of country.

Exchange Rate 9___9

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020

5. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    It's not even close to e3. Oversaturated, less effects, worse textures, changed everything. W3 was nine years of its time ahead. Suddenly it reduced to hold only three years. Pick your poison. Back to thread, we expect many things from cyberpunk and consoles degradation already is happening. We just hope to stop the fall. Perhaps it was better to be released with versions of next generation consoles when ready. Not current generation ones. We all know, we all understand the difference between true pc game and a port based one. Let's pray for many patches.

If it was ready for pc they shouldn't have wait consoles performance to smooth out or next GPUs scenario all here thinking. Something seems wide of the mark. :rolleyes:

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is how i got my hands on a rare set of DDR3 to complete a triple channel kit as well as bought a gtx 1060 founders from nvidia when they weren't selling local.

KissSh0t likes this.
  7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Well last gen was severely memory constrained, so of course the difference was greater then.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. To me, PC gaming still has a worthy advantage over console gaming. Even the Witcher 3 which is often criticized for being downgraded had noticeable enhancements over the console versions, with longer draw distances for vegetation and shadows, and a much better form of ambient occlusion in HBAO+.

Plus Hairworks on the monsters and creatures was definitely a good improvement over the base models.

Also, the texture quality on PC in the Witcher 3 is consistent compared to the base consoles. Witcher 3 on the base consoles looked and played terribly compared to the PC version!

Not just ray tracing though. CBP 2077 will have 4K textures as a standard unlike Witcher 3, which used 2K textures.

Witcher29 likes this.
  8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
  9. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
  10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Its not and i dont think they ever will.

11. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Are they working on a sequel? Sounds like they couldn't deliver the game they wanted.

12. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    What do you mean "patch it back"?

13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Gears 5, Shadow of Mordor, these games are not major releases. I talk about games from studios like CDPR, Bethesda, Rockstar, etc. They make huge open world games which people play for years, but their priority is the procreating console. Gears 5 you will play maybe once and forget about it.

They can always downgrade it if performance are the problem. On thing that you should have in mind is that CBP 2077 is the first person game, so you need to have good framerate to be able to play it properly. Third person games like TW3 you can play even on 25-30 frames. Also the more the game is complex you will have bad performance with that ray tracing nonsense.

Btw, on consoles you don't need to have high res textures because you sit 2 meters from the display. Especially if it's a third person game and you never look at the textures up close.
    Do you know that CDPR in TW3 for some trees use the same technology that Bethesda used in Oblivion. It's a Speedtree old tech where the branches are simple 2 polygon planes which turn and follow your movement. They were forced to use this to achieve good performance.

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Well, using your own example there's Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC, which has a long list of enhancements over the console versions like longer draw distances, improved global illumination, sharper shadows, textures, reflections, ambient occlusion etcetera..

No one can deny that the PC version of RDR2 is far superior to the console versions in terms of graphics and performance.

15. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually the difference is so small that it's not even worth to talk about it.

16. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    after finishing TW3 three times ( including B&W and HoS ), i don't think the downgrade in graphics was even relevant.

the game looks amazing. everything about it looks epic compared to 90% of the games that came out - before and after it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Witcher29 likes this.
  17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I agree 100% and also you can toss in Kingdom Come Deliverance which even with the downgrades the game looks stunning,graphics downgrades played no factor in final release and only provided a better game experience with optimization ,compared to beats builds.

Anyway I have never seen this guy before but I found him funny.Guy sounds like some people on Cyberpunk 2077 hype train.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  18. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Interview: Gfx will be better than shown so far

https://www.onmsft.com/feature/inte...077s-creation-vr-dlc-nintendo-switch-and-more

"There is some stuff that hasn’t been talked about such as the way that it’s been lit. Our director keeps talking about the real-time global illumination system which we haven’t really seen in its full beauty yet. No one in the public has seen how it’s finally going to look. It’s going to look more breathtaking than we’ve seen so far."

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Good good..Ampere + LG CX + RTX On.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  20. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Also just read about the 1st / 3rd person perspective. I didn't know we can choose whether we want 1st/3rd person when we are in a vehicle.

Again, can't wait to chill about on a motorbike. :)