CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
  2. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
  3. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Sure that's logical too. But they probably would have already known the release date or time frame of a future console (pretty much like it was more or less common knowledge), why change the plan now after already announcing a date?
    I honestly believe there's some truth to the rumor. It's not like we haven't seen CDPR games being downgraded between announcements, being shown, playable demos at events, and release.

Now what can one do? Nothing, anyway.

warlord likes this.
  4. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Does it matter? PC won't be downgraded.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    hehe, I loled.

Dragam1337 and warlord like this.
  6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    We spoke about this many pages back. I don't think we have to worry about a prospective downgrade because CBP 2077 will be coming to the next gen consoles as well. There's no point to downgrade the game or the assets using that logic, as the next gen consoles will be much more powerful than current gen and will likely share the PC version's assets.

It will just have to be specifically optimized for each of the base consoles. This is different from what they did with the Witcher 3, which used the same assets for both consoles and PC.

If CDPR did that again, the blowback would be vicious and make the downgrade fiasco with the Witcher 3 look tame in comparison!

7. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Blaming the consoles is just lame. They've been out for six years already and CD Projekt Red released their first game already in 2015 and supposedly worked on Cyberpunk since then, they should have a good idea of the consoles' capabilities already, and not realize just three months before release that the consoles can't handle their current build.

warlord likes this.
  8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Over 95% of the developers does not do this, and they develop primarily for the consoles. Remember Skyrim and low res/console textures on the PC version, lack of AO, low polycount, etc.
    The thing is that they don't want PC version to look much better, because you know console users do not like this.

warlord likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null

Witcher game series downgraded, especially their "atmosphere" and next gen visuals. Not releasing to new consoles since day 0, is an extremely bad sign of lazy developing.

RTXonlife and RTgasm is not gonna save the day even for the fanboys sleeping with their RGB PC as girlfriend. Just hoping for a future patch improving things here and there.

They should be prepared at 100% before 2020's ending. Now they blame current generation consoles for the delay. WTF! I smell a huge visual fiasco, worse than Witcher's 3.

I really wanted to play E3 Witcher 3 like many of you want to play E3 Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  10. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    All just rumors.

11. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Witcher 3 was the most degraded game released to date non fanboys say, and I am at their side.

CD Projekt Red admitted it. This was the only way for performance, they didn't have money to develop a version for each platform.

Now Cyberpunk 2077 is 5 years in development and 7 years announced. It would be better for PC gamers to have it a year or two before all consoles to avoid serious degradation. That's a fact.

Instead they slow down the release to fix consoles' problems. Where are the rumors? False hopes feed to feel pure PCMR in our veins lead us to a dying industry.

serbicu likes this.
  12. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Pointless rumors feeding hate even before release. Most of these "insiders" are just hateful people following their own agenda.

And honestly I can't imagine this game being anymore "downgraded" from what we saw in the latest gameplay videos.

Carfax and Mufflore like this.
  13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti + Xtreme III
    It will be the most anticipated game this year, from what I have seen so far, it will be a new paradigm in gaming.
    I dont take any notice of the bunk.

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    There are lots of examples to the contrary as well. Just recently, Gears 5 had noticeably better character textures on PC than the X1X, just for starters.

But even years ago this was the case. Shadow of Mordor was a cross gen title several years ago and even that had better textures on PC compared to last and current gen consoles.

The PC version is often the best in terms of performance and graphics, whether by a little or a lot.

Also, if CDPR wanted parity this time with CBP 2077, why would they include Ray tracing technology? The PC version will serve as the foundation of the PS5 and XSX versions when they are released, likely next year.

So they cannot downgrade it like they did with the Witcher 3.

15. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Better textures is quite meh compared to how it was fifteen years ago. Take DOOM 3 for Xbox for example, its settings were all lower than lowest, as well as having remade levels to fit into the RAM constraints. Far Cry Instincts was a whole different game from Far Cry on PC.
    Last gen, Crysis 3 on consoles was also lower than lowest, though the game itself was the same otherwise. Battlefield 3 and 4 were restricted to 24 player mp compared to PC's 64.

Today, almost all games are exactly the same on PC, and the PC can just bruteforce the higher resolution and framerates, and might get some further improvements that are cheap/easy to include.

I'd guess raytracing is included because it's on Nvidia.
    I also suspect though that CDPR was more ambitious with its tech for Cyberpunk because they intend for it to be a re-release for the PS5 and Series X. Same deal for Red Dead Redemption 2 I believe.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Higher framerates and resolutions is what the majority of PC games want anyway, no one will be happy with paying £1k for a GPU and getting 1080/30. No matter how good it looks.

It's not like this game has ever been something special visually anyway, and certainatly not a game that was not possible on console.
    The excitement has (mostly) been about atmosphere and gameplay and people like myself who like CDPR but dislike fantasy genres like Witcher.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    *Cough*

[​IMG]

*Cough*

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    They literally said the one of the main reasons for the delay is the unsatisfying performance on current gen consoles. So i really hope they'll wait up the next gen and then release the game along with the PC version.

19. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Why do you always sound like an extremist eco-terrorist in every thread. W3 is still one of the better looking games with its artistic design and world physics.

Grimbarian likes this.
  20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Jeez, i didn't realise they were that much now in the US. My brother in law paid around £1,000 which works out at around $1,100 when you remove VAT, so thought $1k was fair.

I know, but visually the game doesn't look like it isn't possible on current hardware so further optimisations does not instantly mean downgrade time.
    Let's be honest, by the time the game comes out owners of the X1S etc.. will be more than used to games that run at 720/30 with dips below that.