CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Completely forgot about Intel. They are the dark horse in the race, no idea what they will come up with. Ray tracing will definitely be a helluva lot more exciting next year though. Three IHVs next year with ray tracing technology! Glad I decided to wait until next year to upgrade my GPU :D

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Moore's law ending isn't just a marketing speech. I doubt we'll ever see a 50% gap ever again.
    You can only go with finer lithography and larger die size for so long before cost become prohibitive.

At some point, i'm afraid the cost of latest tech is gonna be so high we might be better off using cloud gaming solutions.

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Latency will always prevent cloud gaming from being the single universal solution - for any latency sensitive gaming, local rendering will always be nr1.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    oh clearly you'll never beat local GPU regarding latency.

But if latest GPU cost 1500$, and your current system would need an upgrade to fully use this GPU anyway, cloud gaming starts making much more sense if you still want a taste of the best experience possible.

serbicu likes this.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Surely if they 3D stack GPUs and further improve on that, another dimension will be created!

6. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Aren't you also forgetting even bigger than latency? DATA CAPS?

7. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I just noticed that the video has a water mark: WORK IN PROGRESS - DOES NOT REPRESENT FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME

They will improve lighting by implementing Ray Tracing. Particle effects should also be improved.

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Data caps isn't a thing where i live.

9. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    The usa unless you pay extra per month is usually 1TB standard... Although my gf lives in a small town and hers is only 600GB

I like manual control over sharpening, a little bit goes a long way.. As photoshoper's here will tell you that. Too many people don't know how to properly use an unsharpen mask. lol.

10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Gunplay looks pretty terrible so far, hope they get that sorted. Not sure if CDprojektred are really in their element here. Cringe-worthy accents and crappy dialogue, seems like they're trying too hard to make things seem bad-ass. Graphics don't look as great in the latest vid either, although that's the least of my concerns.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Just saw the video and that won't help.

Remember intial cyberpunk demo?

They said it will look like that, but we all know it doesn't, what 6-7years later..

Maybe in 2-3years we might see cgi gfx :/ when gpus are actually strong enough.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    serbicu likes this.
  12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I wish these forums would have more gameplay fanatics instead of gfx fanatics. ;)

Amaze and warlord like this.
  13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    They pay, months' worth in salary for expensive hardware many folks here who do not wish to throw money elsewhere, it is their way of life and pocket. Gameplay does not require money, gfx does. I have seen people playing trash games without meaning and plot, just for the "realistic effect".

DocStrangelove likes this.
  14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You will get CGI visuals when next-gen consoles release. And only in their exclusive titles(Uncharted, GoW, Gears of War etc). PC will just follow.

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Not everyone lives in 'murica, which americans often seem to forget. But as i said, data caps has been a thing of the past for many years where i live... as is the case for most of northen europe.

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well, this demo is clearly, released with lower GFX as the ones previously showed last year (maybe because of the DLSS that accompanies the RTX features ?), so yeah, I am only hoping this game will be amazing gameplay wise, cause we can forget amazing GFX, at least not next gen that is...

DF guys point a few improvements, but to me it looks worse than the previous one.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Thought the game looked great, we're still in the same hardware cycle as games like Watchdogs 2 / The Division 2 - you can't expect much more than what those games did in term of cross platform graphic ambition.

I think it's great they're releasing footage that you can feel would run on your average hardware/console, managing expectation in the process.
    They learned their lessons with unrealistic footage of witcher 3 published close to release and downgrade controversies it had back then.

HandR and cerebus23 like this.
  18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Looks like they have released a worse version of the video on purpose.

serbicu likes this.
  19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    ^ could be true, I mean I would love for that to be true, as that will mean the PC version will be better not just by pushing more pixels, but also more effects, more details etc.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So doing a 180 on the Witcher 3 downgrade fiasco a good few years ago... kinda clever really

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.