CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I'd call it useless pandering with all this "wE wAnT eVeRyOnE To fEeL cOmFoRtAbLe" nonsense, but as was stated above, the idea of a custom made/tweaked body kinda fits in the world the game takes place.

3. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT710
    yikes, I guess male/female is too "offensive" in 2019

warlord likes this.
  4. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null

5. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    What's wrong with wanting to play the game as a trans character? What if you specifically want to play as just that?

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    The thing that I don't get is that someone is made "uncomfortable" by playing both male and/or female. Aren't we at this point fostering insecurities, instead of helping?

7. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    SJW and leftist propaganda should be left outside of gaming industries. So what? A gray, mixed future is humanity's dream? Well, 7 billion people, say otherwise. Unless you agree with those who want us drop to 500 million.

8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    You cannot be serious... :D

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I think you guys are overreacting quite a bit. The game is set in Cyberpunk, so it's common for human bodies to be "transgressed" (see what I did there :cool:) through deep integration with technology. Not having a defined gender to choose from makes sense in that regard, unless you explicitly choose it; and most of us will.

Now if they were trying to do this in a Witcher game, then yeah I'd agree, get the pitchforks out! :D

fantaskarsef and sertopico like this.
  10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    It kinda makes sense, but at the same time looks like pandering to SJWs too.. And what about “NPCs will react different depending on you playing as a male of female character”? Would it be just voice dependent? Body shape? How will the freacking NPCs know what I identify as, so they don’t hurt my feelings god dammit?!

cerebus23 likes this.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Better known as: To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    98% will play as male/female well THANK GOD the 2% that would want to play as other and have the game call you it or whatever instead of he/she.

and lest in the modern age yet, when someone is transitioning they trying to appear to be the opposite sex so other does not work either. or the "spectrum" of tumbler genders that the trolls and the mentally ill invent out of thin air to be extra special.

and what we see in CP sofar men look like manly men and wamen look look like wamen. despite the cybernetic bodies. male and female are intact and its not that androgynous femboi stuff we see out of that bunch when they "imagine."

the only transition i see coming out of tech is people being so insulated to the point they never grow up. living in a safe tech bubble echo chamber seems to be doing more to emotionally cripple and radicalize them thanks to the efforts of "social" media. GG!

imagine the only dif makes to the game at large is a ton of generic pronouns are going to be used in dialogue.

and for lulz the state put female for sex on my drivers license, which i never noticed until i went somewhere to fill out stuff, not one person thought anything of this 6 foot plus rugged guy getting female on his driver license, welcome to clown world where people are retards about "gender" to be pc to the exclusion of common sense and biology.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Well I'm going to be playing as futanari...

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef, serbicu and cerebus23 like this.
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    There's implants for that, Mr Studd and some Midnight Lady or something way back in the original handbook and somewhat referenced in a earlier image from the game too although whether the implants themselves are in or not is in the air. :p
    (Some outcry over a billboard image earlier and then it turns out that yeah that's that particular implant. :D )

I don't really see a big thing about M/F being changed to symbols or body shapes although that then continues into pronouns and a lot other stuff I have little idea about though I suppose "Agent" or "Code Name here" as a call-out for the player character would be one way around that and the localization issues that would follow for non-English languages.

EDIT: Wonder how far they'll go with implants, augments and such, not too familiar with the source but I suppose we'll see if it's some lighter stuff or going all out Gunther of Deus Ex "Skul Gun" included. :D
    (Or any other number of sources and works from tabletop to games or books and weird stuff ha ha.)

EDIT: Or the classic tank controls...well maybe not that far.

[​IMG]

Surprisingly difficult to get some good 1980's sci-fi art that isn't some chrome thing.

Although I guess the early trailer some years ago set the mood too for what to expect even if a lot of things has changed since then from one gameplay reveal to another.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Now you can't play as a non-trans character. They force you to be trans now. You can't select between "male", "female" and "non-binary." There is no choice.

Too bad. I was excited for this game, now it's on my blacklist of "pandering to Twitter SJW BS." Oh, well.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Everybody complaining about character creation etc. is overreacting and certainly, very much so, out of their own mind. It's not like you can't play a male character anymore or a female... it's just you have more options.
    SJW things aside, it's not as if one couldn't still call themselves a male and play as a male character or otherwise. So what's the big deal?

And if you're so disgusted @warlord , please skip this game indeed. Same goes for people blacklisting this just because you have options that you don't even use, like @RealNC . The outcry only outs you as being overly focused on a detail which totally not is worth the drama. And it certainly has nothing to do with RTX either... this game will very likely run on dx12 without RT (turned on by a switch), and even dx11 too. So if you want to make a fuzz out of this do it but leave, please and thank you.

And I'm sick of SJW and anti-SJW drama, since it's the same crap just in another color.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    It's the other way around. It's because there are no options. You can't play as male or female in this game. You can only play as "non-binary." Males and females are banned now because it's <current year.>

CDPR will therefore not get a single cent from me. If people don't speak up, SJWs will keep ruining games. So please do speak up and tell others that you will not buy the game.

18. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Am I the only one who doesn't care about who I play as, just give me a good story with good gameplay dammit. As long as they aren't dismorphing history, as some has been known to do, I simply don't care.

fantaskarsef and jura11 like this.
  19. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I love how you make up your own facts. Must be nice. That world you’re living in.

20. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    What makes you say that? Unless I misunderstood something, they are replacing the gender option with a "body type" option. Genders are not body types.

It seems you failed biology class in elementary school?