1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Not really PC related, but the Polish Playstation store is claiming that CBP 2077 will be 80GB minimum on the base PS4. Also, the Microsoft store has the game down as an Xbox One X enhanced title with 4K support.

If the game is like the Witcher 3, then the installation size would be the same for the PC version as the textures were the exact same across all platforms, but the texture quality was dynamic and dependent on how much VRAM was available at any given time. If your GPU had 2 to 3GB of VRAM, then you were guaranteed to have the maximum texture quality displayed without any downscaling. Unlike the Witcher 3 which used 2K textures, I expect CBP 2077 to use 4K textures.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Textures and LOD distance were some of the weaker parts of witcher 3, and hopefully they will use higher quality textures this time, and allow us to control the LOD distance !

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  4. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Hopefully they developed their own LOD system, in the Witcher III they used simplygon if I am not wrong.

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    OMG!!!!!!! :O

6. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Some new gameplay shots...

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    ^ ok I'm ready for them to release the gameplay video from e3 2019 now! :D

XenthorX and DocStrangelove like this.
  8. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    August is when we'll see it.

9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Hopefully nvidia will release the rtx 3080, then i can finally sell my gtx 1080 ti :)

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    RTX 3080, coming christmas 2020

11. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I think Navi 5900 and 5950 XT will be out by then...

Should beat 2080 Ti easily.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    One can only hope !

13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Yeah 'easily', sure :rolleyes:.

Matching 2080-Ti would already be great right? Let's keep our optimism realistic :eek:

serbicu likes this.
  14. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    With 40 CU it already matches a 2070 and sometimes the Super. Let's just say they release one with 64 CU or even 80 CU. It's going to be a great performer all around.

They'll probably move to chiplets for RDNA2 though so they can make it a reality instead of a monolithic die.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    And why haven't they released it then? Because if AMD could take down the 2080TI, they'd sell like crazy. They can't, it's as simple as that... by the time they match or beat the 2080TI, they will have to go up against whatever Nvidia comes up with after the current lineup, like next gen (RTX 3k or something).
    Look at the pictures of the ref PCB, that card is stuffed already... they're doing great in what they do, no need to jump through any hoops at this point. Anything you say is merely wishful thinking I'm afraid, there simply is no competition beyond RTX2080 non super range.
    That's also why I'm not sure we'll see a 2080TI Super, since... why bother to sell a card in a price range which, arguably, it doesn't sell yet? 50$ lower prices, or even 100$ won't get people to go for 1100$ / 1200$ for AIB cards.

That said, I'd like to see AMD go head to head with Nvidia. Even though I own a Gsync screen, down the road I'll go 4K, and if AMD catches up... you'll never know if I don't switch to team red with a 4K freesync screen. Up until then, we're just stuck with what we get... and that's what Nvidia offers.

serbicu likes this.

16. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Dude it's coming...you just have to wait. They've hinted as much by saying Navi is like Zen. I expect we'll get an announcement in August or sometime later. It won't have any ray tracing though...not that it's useable even on a 2080 Ti at 4K.

RDNA2 will be much faster when it comes out next year. They're just holding it all back right now...but it will come. AMD will return to the high end, and even if they don't beat a 2080 Ti in everything...it will cause Nvidia to announce Ampere.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    They will release Navi 20, the 2080Ti contender but NV will release the next GeForce and it will obliterate AMD's card once again. AMD will always be one generation behind.

serbicu likes this.
  18. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    ^ true! AMD goal is to stay relevant at the mid/high level range on the GPUs front... that is all! Most gamers are in this range and most money come from here. Although, I would love for AMD to bring the fight to NV on the very high end, that will never happen again IMO.

Like said before by many, NV will always be one (most likely 2) step(s) ahead.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Once RDNA starts getting yearly updates like Zen, expect Nvidia to fall behind. AMD's been regrouping and coming up with a 5 year plan like they did with Zen. They might be behind in performance for RDNA, but RDNA2 will be much better, then RDNA3 the next year and so on and so on. Prices will come down and Nvidia will be forced to either refresh Ampere or release another architecture.

I'm sure someone reading this is thinking AMD will never release another high-end card again or be competitive with Nvidia. They said the same thing about their CPUs and Intel. Look what happened there. The same will happen with Nvidia, but it'll take a little longer to get there. They need to finish getting Navi out from high to low end and then work on their next architecture. If chiplets come to RDNA2 or RDNA3, and they increase all levels of cache and use infinity fabric, Nvidia will be in big trouble. It's gonna happen... Not today, but within the next 2 to 3 years. Architectures take time to create and Turing was started 10 years ago. Think about that... Nvidia will have nothing to beat it unless they want to get another architecture out the door. Time will reveal all...

Can't wait to run Cyberpunk 2077 at 4K 60 fps with the next high end card. Either RDNA2 or Ampere. Whichever is better.

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Dude quit the speculation as if its reality, please.
    Its also way off topic.

fantaskarsef likes this.