1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    This YongYea dude is full of sh*t! He has praised that first demo so much, and i don't know why? Like i said before, these demos lack atmosphere and soul. These presentations so far are more about graphics and animations, and that doesn't impress me much.

2. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    They keep the best for the moment people are actually going to play it, hopefully. Personally I would not judge demos made for events like the E3, too much noise, too many fanatic kids and too much money revolving around it. I'd rather wait for the real thing. And by the way, I think you still did not see the second demo running, right?

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yong is a fan kojima and cdpr he fans heavily, does not mean there is not real information it just come with heavy fanning. not hard to know where yong is coming from if you watch a few of his videos.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    I think we've only seen 2 demos so far and they haven't shown us the different decisions you can make and what they do to a mission's outcome.

Maybe we see that at PAX end of August, but it's harder to show the inner technical workings of AI and dynamic mission design than actual graphics and animations.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Watched a couple YongYea in the past, felt he added little to no value to the topic he handles.
    Also his voice compressor to make his voice sound deeper (from his live videos he doesn't sound anything like that) is terribly configured, sounds like a robot voice, it irritates me so much.

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Who watches that stuff? The content on these kinds of youtube channels mostly consists of some dude reading tweets. Yey. Quality "content."

sertopico likes this.
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    I think it's great, because I don't have a Twitter account. Also YongYea just seems like a really nice guy and always speaks his mind.

8. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    In this case he gave us all the gameplay impressions he got after seeing the E3 Cyberpunk Demo behind closed doors. I was after those details because those aren't public atm. The demo will be shown for the rest of Earth at PAX in August.

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Lots of people that do not have the time or the interest to wade through numerous gaming sites and forums to get the news or to try and cut through the lies and propaganda.

So people like yong aggregate gaming news sprinkle in some consumer stuff, and the occasional drama bs.

So the dozen plus channels that do this same thing with slightly different styles and outlooks.

This became a thing because the gaming "news" media became click bait social media cancer crap posting garbage at best and at worst outright propaganda and lies.

Interestingly enough though this is industry wide as far as "news" goes. All old media is dying and new internet media is taking their place and people like young are part of that. politics, gaming, movies this shift is universal.

But do not worry old media is fighting back calling us sexists and rascists and homophobes and islomophobes and neckbeards and basement dwellers and extremists. and trying to force big tech to get rid of all of us. So only the corporate shill media can feed you what they deem is news and what your opinion is. So maybe you will not have to hear of these guys you dislike.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    DocStrangelove likes this.
  10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    He is right though, most YouTube people are just catering to people too lazy to read and do any research, and use that laziness to push their own propaganda to people who don't know any better.

New media seems to be alot of telling people what they want to hear so they get likes and subscribers, and then alot of money.

Not saying that is what YongYea is doing, but the only gaming stuff i watch on YouTube is Digital Foundry, so in comparison stuff like that is cheap, opinionated and also quite dull.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yong does get some insider stuff as does quartering and breaks a few news stores here and there and lest for yong he gets e3 and etc access and get hands on and info that is not available to the public until someone reports on it.

yong is fairly neutral on most issues except stuff he fanboys on which how many of us could be 100% objective if he got into the offices of cdpr and treated us like somebody for even a day, bet we all would fanboi out. and i feel the same way about kojima i love metal gear series a huge part of my life going back to playing the first on nes at my friends house that had rented it, and snake looked like hicks aka michael beign or wth his name is.before kojima saw escape from new york or retconned it? yea i would probably recuse less you wanted a kiss ass take.

so yea his fanboi stuff i fully get. also like quartering because he is sarcastic crap posting and i find him hilarious as well as getting some information and coverage of geek topics. pretty good gaming was looking pretty good but not seen their content in a while since youtube wholecloth nuked my sub/playlist channel and i guess my view habit not gotten me into their rotation yet, or i ignored them for other stuff my subscriptions are varied and range across many topics outside gaming.

Redemption80 likes this.
  12. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I talk about that first presentation where Yong praised it like it's something out of this world. Other people were there too, yet they didn't praised it that much, and they were right.

13. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    I guess there's also the personal taste involved here, CP2077 demos so far totally hyped me up. The idea i can drive through a Bladerunner city at night with a motorbike and a samurai sword on my back is mindblowing.

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I haven’t been this excited for a game since I first saw BioShock. I really do believe that Cyberpunk will change gaming for the better by raising the bar and delivering a truly unique experience that blends the best elements of multiple genres.

There’ll likely be a few clones after its release.

XenthorX and DocStrangelove like this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I bet there are already a few studio's working on Cyberpunk themed games in anticipation for this games success.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well since i wanted a 3d next gen shadowrun game i hope cp prints money and inspires smith and tinker to go all in on a shadowrun game that is not a isometric thing.

nice little games and all but i wanted to see that real world/cyber world/magic world worlds over top of worlds thing that shadowrun had going on. in full on 3d rendered in hd and in a living breathing world.

17. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    The only one who can change the gaming is you, or the consumers to be more precise. CDPR will change nothing if people continue to buy other shitty games.

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Hopefully it won't end up like Bioshock.

19. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    BioShock lived up to its expectations and more. It successfully combined shooter and RPG elements into an immersive world for its time.

20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Oh and btw, @AsiJu , @Whiplashwang , @emperorsfist in regards to Rock Paper Shotgun....

Very, very professional and definitely adding to any "credibility" if they call people, obviously readers of them too, idiots and the likes :D
    This topic even made it to "mainstream media" in the "web" section of one of my countrie's bigger daily newspapers, about RPS article and the backlash they got.
    Made me chuckle and reminded me about our conversation on them here, see page 33 of this thread.

emperorsfist and cerebus23 like this.