1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Doesn't matter if you buy it before or after. When you buy it, you support them.

Eh? Wait... Eh? Money doesn't evaporate over time. If you put it somewhere, it stays there.

I didn't preorder it but I was hyped. When it came out, it turned out it was mediocre. Not pre-ordering saved me $30. Combined, the money I saved by not pre-ordering games I was very hyped about, far, far outweighs the money I would save by preorder discounts.

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Have you guys seen that interview with YongYea ?

So apparently you could kill or drive over anyone and if someone else noticed you get a bounty on your head. Depending on the current sector you're in either the police, corp security or gangs will be after you. Someone always has control over a sector, only the outskirts are uncontrolled. No idea what that means (not a 2020 expert).
    Btw what is a nomad?

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Awesome..... it's always nice to have the choice to be a chaotic evil character. hehe..

DocStrangelove likes this.
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    unless your bank has fees

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    One very important question to ask the developers is : Will this one be GFX wise also as downgraded as the Witcher 3 was ? Will you pull the same shyte as before? I remember the controversy when Witcher 3 came out lol.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Visually "downgrade" is totally normal these days. And the pre thigns you see are not representing the final product. I hope i dont need to explain why downgrade is normal, i think there was a discussion about it a few years back. :p most of the "downgrade" happens to maintain a decent performance. And consoles obviously are holding back some of that. It can also happen if you run out of time due to the release, pressure by publisher and dont have enough time to maintain a good performance.

Marcin Iwinski from CDP stated about Witcher 3, that consoles were the reason they had to downgrade the graphics, since without a console release the game wouldnt even exist cos they could generate (more) sales on consoles allowing them to have a higher budget for the game, which with a PC only version they didnt have and also wouldnt have to downgrade. But they couldnt afford that.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah, of course I get that, I'm not that naive lol :) . I know that consoles dictate in this business, but I just wish them to remember a little bit about their origins, and how it all started for them on PC side of things. I can only hope for a "decent port" these days lol. PC only games died a long time ago ....

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    @serbicu
    I wasnt explicit talking to you, but in general for people who might not know. ;)

Currently watching this, i think i might havent watched it yet, lol. Possible i said to myself to avoid gameplay videos back then, its from August 2018, but now i want to watch some gameplay, so.. :D

And btw. the 50 minute gameplay demo behind doors from E3 will be shown public in August 2019. So i guess same with the video above which is also 50 minutes and from August 2018.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Just found out that the guy from DigitalFoundry just said that the behind closed door demo was running on a PC capped at 30FPS , and he was trying to understand how will they be able to pull this off on consoles lol. Well... like it was said before „downgrade“ all the way, or if we‘re lucky just a small one :D

10. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    It sucks that it has to come out for current consoles, it will be a limiting factor for sure...

11. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Well CDPR did update the original Witcher at some point, not sure about Witcher 2; and Witcher 3, to be honest, doesn't really need much of an upgrade from vanilla. And Witcher 3 has mods, one of which is an HD Rework and does a pretty good job keeping the original styles while updating the textures. I do wonder what was the lowest common denominator for Cyberpunk, standard PS4? Original XBOX One? Or did they go with PS4 Pro as base kit to work from? Or XBOX One X? Or maybe they did it all for PC first and downgraded it for Consoles? Who knows. Just looking at the 2018 video it already looked better than Witcher 3 vanilla, in my opinion (especially the environment, amount of details on screen and character models and the details on their clothing).

Supposedly Cyberpunk is going to be one of those "updated over a long time" games (so called "Games as a Service" kind of thing, maybe CDPR doesn't mention it as such but they're apparently going to add stuff over at least a year, maybe two; we'll see). If we're lucky maybe they'll release one of those HD Textures Packs that some developers have released later on for their game. It happened with Witcher 1, so it wouldn't be an unprecedented thing for CDPR to do it again. It happened with Skyrim, also happened with Dragon Age 2, and with Borderlands 2 more recently, and pretty much happened with all the games that got a Remaster in the past couple of years really.

I don't actually have a problem with developers working from a super High-End game assets state, and then having to downgrade. It's part of a game's development process. BUT, there is a difference between showing that to the public and keeping it for yourself internally. That's what happened with Witcher 3 originally before release, it was a genuine mistake to show to the public how they had a build with that much graphics fidelity internally; only then to release the 'real' version that could be played at more than 20 frames per second because consoles. Ignorance is bliss and sometimes it's better to keep it that way, especially in the gaming industry. There's things that aren't meant for the mere gamer's eyes especially when they don't understand how it works internally (or when they don't WANT to understand, too; some people are just deaf about things like that and prefer to add fuel to the drama).

The solution would be to wait until you get a working, stable and performing build running on consoles and show THAT version to the public first. Then, later, be it for consoles or just for the PC version if you have to then release some HD Textures pack and 'Wow!' everyone and look at the gamers thanking you left and right about it because it's such a nice surprise.

12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    So I was just checking some vids on IGN about Cyberpunk as I was also looking for some things I missed here and there from E3.

Of course, I decided to just check the 2018 Demo again. I've watched it something like 20 times by now. But I just noticed something "new". It wasn't new per se then, but now that this year's E3 is done it just shows something important (in the Demo itself) that the devs were alluding to in this year's interviews.

https://ca.ign.com/videos/2018/08/27/cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-demo (just in case, just giving the link)

So, at 9:20 minutes, when V looks at the window and the commentator goes "Good morning Night City...", V then turns right and the commentator mentions something regarding the song that plays in V's apartment (about 3 seconds after, at around 9:23 or 24). I'm sure that many of you guys realized it by now with this year's E3 but now that I connected the dots I'm kinda blown away again with small details like that. I'll let you guys check it out for yourselves just in case at this point you're still unsure of what I'm talking about.

13. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Hehe, yes I watched the gameplay again, finally able to catch the reference. :D

14. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070Ti Titanium
    Well had a quick watch of YongYea's interview with a CD Projeckt Red dev and it looks like Keanu Reeve's Johnny Silverhand character will have a prominent role in the game to the point they're almost calling him a "second protagonist" so definitely not just a publicity cameo.

Have not pre-ordered a game in a long long time but I've already done that for Cyberpunk 2077 Day 1 edition; no brainer for me really especially with the shop I ordered from only requiring an $1 deposit.

15. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    I'd love to buy the collector's edition as I did the Witcher 3 one but it's waaay overpriced. Seems to be the standard now, even Ubisoft ones are outside my budget which is a shame as I have a bunch of those.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
  17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    I already posted this video above. :p

Me neither and i dont know why i should change that!? Theres absolute no need to pre-order a/that game imho. And thats a thing now, you see so many people saying the same but making an exception for this game, funny..

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Personally, I don't care.
    If people want to pre-purchase, it's their money... their decision. And this conspiracy theory level ignorance around the idea that "pre-ordering is killing the industry) is laughable.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yes it is. Im only saying that people who are not going to pre-order games with what reason whatsoever now making an exception only for this game, cos CPR is so cool....i heard this like from 10 different people now i know - that this is the reason they are making an exception but standing with the same opinion about pre-ordering games, lol..

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, it's laughable.

I'm very excited for Cyberpunk, but, that feeling has zero to do with CDPR for me. I did not like the Witcher, played 1 and 2, and meh. Never played 3. The studio behind this means very little to me.
    In fact, I wasn't even on board with the game until the gameplay demo last year.
    Once I saw that, I got sold.

It reminded me a lot of the elements I like about Deus Ex and other titles.