CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The term does apply to many people. If you read some of the "articles" on sites like Kotaku and Polygon, those are written by actual SJWs. See Polygon's Shadow of the Tomb Raider article for example, written by the executive editor and co-founder of Polygon, where one of the criticisms about the game is Lara Croft being white... That is no joke. Polygon actually thinks that Lara Croft being white is not OK. It's somehow a problem. A normal person like you and me doesn't give a flying f about Lara Croft's skin color. But not actual SJWs. Skin color and/or gender and sexual orientation are what these people care about first. Not the gameplay, not the technical aspects. No, not that. But who the character and the NPCs have sex with, and what their skin color is, that's what matters in games, people.

I quote:

"Shadow of the Tomb Raider is an occasionally tone-deaf game, one that can’t escape the broader franchise’s urge to frame its heroine as the ultimate white savior, both pillager and protector of the vulnerable."
    -- Polygon.

And you see this kind of BS from self-proclaimed "games journalists" all over the internet. This is the kind of crap people get annoyed about and start to lash out the SJW label to everyone defending articles like that. And they get called nazis or fascists in return.

Labeling everyone as an SJW is wrong, just like labeling every anti-SJW as a ***** or fascist is also wrong. But you have to agree that there are people out there fully deserving of the label.

Keep gender and race politics and agendas the f out of my video games, is what I say. Go somewhere else to put that crap in and leave my games alone. That BS is already affecting movies and TV series. Like The Witcher, where a bunch of SJWs convinced Netflix that Ciri must be black from now on. OK, fine. Just stay the f away from games.

I guess I'm officially a fascist ***** now for saying that :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    And that is why we can't have nice things anymore - stupid ppl in power to change something.

But i have a feeling this might backfire a bit, let's see how the Witcher does on Netflix. I'm not gonna watch a single second of that crap though. :D

Uhm, just to go back to the topic - yeah can't wait for the release. Hope it's still in 2019 at least.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, i was really excited at first about netflix doing witcher, but the more i hear, the less excited i am... super man as geralt, and a black woman as ciri /facepalm...

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I hate to stray but this thread annoys...

So people are going to get worked up over a video game character being slightly altered? Folks make it seem like Ciri was some iconic figure from gaming lore. She was a character from a recent game, nothing more. But she'll "look" different so people get annoyed. Seems like the entire reason she is going to look different IS people like that but whatever.

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Yes. The Ciri character already exists. There is no reason to change her race other than pushing a political agenda.

The biggest problem is not the character being changed per se. It is a problem, but not the major one. The bigger issue is the hijacking of the creative freedom of the writers due to political agendas. The writers of a story should have creative freedom over the characters. But what is happening is that the writers are being ordered what to write by people who are pushing such agendas. So instead of us getting the story that the artists wanted to tell, we instead get BS from political correctness fanatics. "This is what we want you to see, and this is how we want you to think." Well, I do not like being told what to see and what to think. I have a brain of my own, thank you very much, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Used to be the Cyberpunk thread...

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    And it will be again when something new will surface. Now it is on idle. It is not like the flame broke loose, just two pages of different civilized people commenting. I expect this SJW theme will die away now (unless someone will post in defence of SJW).

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yep very black:

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Well they might have picked a black character if there wasn't major backlash to that news a month ago. I don't know if I like who they picked for Ciri or Yennifer, but I'm open minded for now.

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    How is that black? She looks Caucasian to me.

12. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    He was being sarcastic.

Grimbarian likes this.
  13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I know. I was too ;)

Nijohc and KissSh0t like this.