CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Ok, I'm sorry but if you're happy with 45fps after spending $1500 on a gpu, I think my argument is moot. Still, you could have bought 2 of them and have the same performance. This would still not negate the presence of all the bugs.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    I was running 3 way sli with the 8800 gtx, and hardware is always alot more expensive in denmark... but yeah. You do realize though, that cyberpunk doesn't support sli, so he is just running single gpu even if he has 2 in his system, right?

And cyberpunk absolutely is pushing boundaries - i haven't seen any game at this level of visual fidelity. But it's ofc hard to see if you don't have the hardware to make proper use of the features that makes the game shine.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Game breaking is having literally 6 missions in a row bug out on you.... how is that an enjoyable experience? And how is that a working product? It would be the same as if you were using Microsoft Word and using it write a story but every 5 - 10 minutes half of your words just get deleted or scrambled.

I've had
    NPC's T posing,
    NPC's ice skating,
    missions breaking to the point of failure,
    NPC's from missions reappearing and disappearing randomly,
    cars falling through the map,
    cars getting stuck upside down,
    random deaths to the smallest fall with full health,
    flickering shadow effects even on Ultra settings,
    NPC's walking through objects,

Just go to the garbage/wasteland area outside the city where all the junk is and walk through it and tell me you don't see graphical bugs there with rubbish objects floating in the air............

I've had
    scripted events fail to play,
    audio failing to load,
    foot step sounds breaking,
    multiple floating cigarettes from Keanu,
    enemy A.I getting stuck on objects or getting stuck IN objects,
    NPC's dialogue playing over the top of other NPC dialogue (4 times over.. sounds great),
    animations breaking to the point of absurdity (remember Fallout NV at launch?),
    AND sometimes my entire penis clips through my trousers!

The list could go on and I am only 14.6 hours in.......... sure I have yet to experience a crash but these bugs are widespread, countless people are experiencing them. These are game breaking, you expect to be able to play a game as it was meant to be played with the gameplay being playable and immersive and when you have mission after mission breaking because of bugs/glitches THAT is game breaking. When you see NPC's ice skating in a fixed positions, or getting stuck, or clipping through large objects (like cars)... that breaks immersion.... THAT is game breaking.

4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    What features does Cyberpunk "push"?

Newsflash. The game looks exactly the same on my 2080 as it does on your 3090. Only you get better framerate. So don't talk to me like I haven't seen what the game has to offer. It looks good, yes, but it's far from a technological marvel. And you don't have to make use of proper hardware to see it. You can buy a £300 gpu (2060) and you'd see the same thing.

nikobellic and jbscotchman like this.

5. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    mate, just make sure you "properly" install your OS and don't OC your CPU/GPU and these bugs will disappear.

Sh1t, also make sure you're using "proper" drivers. Boom, just like that, all of your problems will disappear.

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  7. liviut

liviut Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8GB
    Well the difference from ultra to very low at least for my gtx 1080 is in the max 20 fps difference, so i dont know i might not remember right, but other games if id go from ultra to low i would gain something like 100 fps at least.
    And trust me on cyberpunk if you gonna go on low quality you gonna see an epic difference in how the game looks compared to ultra, so i dont know 20 fps only seems like it isn't properly optimized.
    Or what do i know i might be wrong :>

8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    No you're not wrong a 2060 runs the game same as a 3090, or should i say the game looks the same, you know, it 'looks' the same.

9. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Low level sarcasm, well done sir, well done.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  10. bobnewels

bobnewels Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Cyberpunk has bugs,yes it does. Do not care anymore when you get some stuff like this walking down the road.The game is getting good after 23 hours for me played and parts look incredible.
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.12 - 21.53.51.60.jpg

Noisiv, Dragam1337 and The Phoenix like this.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Check this out
    https://github.com/yamashi/AmdCyberpunkPatch/releases
    Cyberpunk 2077 seems to ignore SMT and mostly utilise physical CPU cores on AMD, but all logical cores on Intel
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Edit: Just did a quick test and it seems to give me a nice perf and stability boost. Most of the hitching is gone now for me, the massive drops, its just smoother and i gained some avg fps.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Undying and Maddness like this.
  12. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    After 10h of play I'm really enjoying it. The 1.04 patch improved performance on my rig - running all settings maxed (minus SSR as I felt it looks better with just RT), 1440p, DLSS quality and G-Sync enabled.

Things that really cheese me off that makes the package really unpolished :-

1. Crap NPC scripting ( very old school style and broken in some places ). Crap dialogue and reactions to the environment.
    2. Dodgy Pop in on details and NPC - drive passed pedestrians, look round and there gone or they pop in Infront of you. Reminded me of shenmue on Dreamcast.
    3. Some texture glitching in places.
    4. NPC cars glitching through the scenery smashing everything up.
    5. City is not as open as they led you to believe in early impressions, loads of locked doors (not too much of a big deal for me as I rarely play open world games).

Kinda reminds me of Rage 2 except your in a city and it has Borderlands style loot. Main thing is I'm liking it and it does look amazing regardless of the crappy bugs and uninspiring NPC interaction.

13. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    Well I reseated my 2080ti and no more crashes must have gotten lose when I threw my arctic freezer 2 and 5800x in. Islc eliminated 99 percent of the frametime spikes I was getting. Restored all of my overclocks and so far so good.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    If someone knows where i can buy the M251S AJAX AR sketch, please tell me. :D i love this weapon. But my DPS my current AJAX has is relative low to my other equipped weapons, so i need a new one. ;)

15. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    As someone who's into cars too, the vehicles in this game are truly outstanding. The little details. They just look great with some amazingly innovative designs. The interiors look incredible with functioning gauges and moving parts. The way the different doors open. The way the double tires on the 6 wheeler don't turn at the same radius. The cars without glass but steel windows and electronic displays from within. The way the physics will make your massive car sway if you turn left and right too fast. Anyone not using 1st person view to drive the different cars really misses out on some fantastic little details.

The team that worked on the cars really knocked it out of the park.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Found this by searching, seems you get a good one with a mission.

17. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Is anybody using the nvidia sharpening slider to improve the blurriness brought by the DLSS? It appears that it doesn't work on my PC, I cannot see any difference. I am playing at 1440p, ultra, dlss quality.

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Try disabling aa, turn true to false method posted by ShadowDuke.

19. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-OC 2Ghz
    Can anyone imagine if this game actually came out back in April. :confused:

20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Thanks. You mean ingame AA? I don't think it is possible when using DLSS, since DLSS itself is a form of TAA. Anyway I am looking for his post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.