CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk (part 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    stop beliving the hype and marketing, aka maanage your expectations.

because i barely followed the media/hype and i did not buy the broken ass console release, i was not as irate at all compared to those that gouged on the crap obviously.

playing cp on pc was buggy but playbable.

AsiJu likes this.
  2. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Take a deep breath and repeat "It's just a game" as many times as it takes to calm yourself down a little bit, okay?

cerebus23 and AsiJu like this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    For those of you that that have PS5 how does Cyberpunk 2077 run on it? Just picked it up for 19$ + free steel cover book for it. seeing I not gona have GPU for my anytime soon that can run it the way i want. probably wont play it till ps5 verison is release though, maybe it might wind up like witcher 3

I know it is barely 1080p and has frame drops targeting 60fps but how bad is it? I figure i cant go wrong cause I want the game and it gonna get free upgrade on ps5.

I will pick up it for PC when Ever i get GPU that can run it the way i want and it dont cost 2 arms to get it.

Also picked up Witcher 3 complete if ps4 which get free upgrade, So now have that on steam and gog and ps4 have yet to play it too

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  4. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    I don't own a console but last time i heard it was playable but had a memory leak which made it crash nearly 100% of the time after 40-50 minutes of play time.
    Maybe they've gotten around after fixing that after 6 or so months but the actual next-gen patches are still not even announced besides being outlined on roadmap.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Guess I will find out, at some point, seeing atm i playing like 5 games. i should probably finish then first

6. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Which ones? Five is a lot.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    DragonQUest 11 got to part before you go back in time.

Side tracked into Nioh to finish trophies

Side tracked into Ghost of Tsushima (really good game)

Into FF7R ps5 verison for 4th go threw?

and from there Kakarot 3rd DLC ( on bright side this done maybe another hour and it finish)

and i go back to the above. Basic I rarely actual finish games I think Nioh and Nioh 2 and MGS:TP are only games I actual sat there and beat in last generation? and Nioh and Nioh 2 have been beaten a doze times each even the hardest modes

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  8. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Thought this was a pretty interesting thing to bring up, I at least think its neat.

NVIDIA DLSS 2.2 Quietly Released in Rainbow Six Siege, Can Be Manually Added to Other Games for Several Improvements

So, after reading that article and seeing the DLSS discussion at the nvidia forum, I found the updated dlss library file nvngx_dlss.dll and copy pasted it into Cyberpunk. And I experienced a noticeable reduction in ghosting and trails over dlss 2.0.

Edit:
    DLSS 2.2 file; https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2836?tab=files

sertopico and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  9. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Niiiice, thx for the info mate :)

10. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    I can really tell the difference. Overall image looks sharper and the ghosting has been greatly reduced.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    SHARPER ?! Yes, it has less ghosting, but the image is even more blurry now.

No dlss

[​IMG]

dlss 2.0

[​IMG]

dlss 2.2

[​IMG]

Everything from the roofs to the pavement is decidedly more blurry with dlss... but 2.0 is a tineeey tiny bit sharper than 2.2.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  12. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    IMHO that's nothing you would recognize while just playing the game. You would recognize increased fps because everything is more fluent and you can hit enemies more precisely - which is far more important then looking at the sharpness of rooftops.

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    I notice it, which is why i play at 4k60 in the first place, and not 1440p144.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    See the same in Metro Exodus Enhanced, looks a bit sharper, and has less ghosting/trailing.

15. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    The game is back on PS Store, but with a rather big catch, as tweeted by CDPR themselves...

Users may continue to experience some performance issues with the PS4 edition while we continue to improve stability across all platforms. The PS4 Pro and PS5 versions of the game will provide the best experience on PlayStation.

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Well I am using some sharpening from the nvcp and negative lod bias set at -0.5 from nv inspector. For me the results are now excellent and much more comparable to the native resolution. I compared the 2 images you posted and I really cannot see any difference by the way. The game also look sharper on certain circumstances based on lighting conditions, and the presence of volumetric effects, which made it look blurrier previously. They probably improved the algorithm under specific conditions.

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Cyberpunk 2077 will soon get its biggest update to date, with “more to come”

LanSer likes this.
  18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    lol, now I'm not sure whether I should sit on the game a while longer.
    Luckily I havent much time to play it so havent got far in, I could reap all the benefits if I wait, ... a few "months" / "years" maybe? [delete as appropriate]

19. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    It could be an unreleased Ad for patch 1.2. In other words, I wouldn't rise my hopes up.

20. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    I'm 99% sure it's just ad for "PS4 is now playable again" update and nothing else.
    EDIT:
    Actually confirmed on polish social media that it was 1.2 promo campaign.
    Amusing.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021