CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk (part 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    He hasn't released the raytracing version of Skyrim... yet.

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 HOF
    I still need to come back to this game. Stopped at the end of the prologue last year. Any updates on big patches they mentioned??

3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Not yet. Steamdb also reveals that the latest update to the testing branch happened 6 days ago. That might mean they are done with the patch and that it's getting approved/certified. In any case the next update will be the one with the most consistent fixes, but we don't know anything specific about it.

https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/depots/

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Looking forwards to patch, i took a big disinterest in games in general after 2077 ( i bloody loved the game) but ghost recon wildlands re-sparked my flame so i'm up for it again.:)

5. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    [​IMG]

We got a date yet on this next patch?

6. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    There was a week where there was no movement on steamDB and it picked up again today, i assume the patch was in console certification over that period.
    Though given there's movement again i assume it either got bounced off due to some reason or they're already buffering work onto the next one.

They usually release those on Fridays as i guess they love crunching over weekends so if it doesn't release today i'd wager on 26th, if that doesn't pan out then probably 30th i guess?

With that said i wouldn't hold my breath over its contents - practical work time was most likely not longer than the January one and more than likely it still mostly focuses on consoles.

EDIT:
    There's also this thing: https://cp2077.ly/WhatsNewInNC_1.2

Lots of talk for essentially 4 changes:
    • Police spawns with a delay and at a greater distance (still only on foot)
    • Stuck cars can be rocked GTA style to be put back on wheels
    • Sensitivity for car inputs using keyboard can now be adjusted
    • Double tap dodge can be now disabled directly in game

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    No more ducking into safe space npc would be kinda cool too.

Also better performance optimizations.

8. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    It has been confirmed that proper patch notes are yet TBA, still given what they decided to be worthy of a spotlight i wouldn't exactly hope for significant changes.

9. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Can't wait, I'm guessing around the 25th.

10. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    I would have remained silent rather than releasing these teasers, to be honest. I don't know if it's some kind of trolling but they are not in the position to do such things.

11. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I actually laughed when watching these 1.2 teasers. This game is such massive f'k-up that I still can't even believe it came from CDPR. What a perfect example of development going completely wrong in every thinkable aspect of it.

jbscotchman, Shataan and Keno34 like this.
  12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    So the cops still spawn in the vicinity, but this time just further away to give the player some time to breath? Maybe in a year from now the cops will actually respond in real time from a car that was on patrol on a nearby road and actually physically go to location. They have so much work to do for this game that not even this whole year's worth of patches would bring it to an acceptable state.

jbscotchman likes this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    If that's all they got for 1.2 then looks like I won't be reinstalling until patch 1.6 at least.

14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    I'll be waiting for some time as well. I think the game, overall, is quite good but the police response thing is just bizarre how they could have boned that up so thoroughly. The proposed fix is merely a band-aid to make it slightly less annoying but still absurd. I hope they plan to actually fix it to the same level as, say, open world games with police response from ~2002.

jbscotchman and Dragam1337 like this.
  15. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    I don't think they will, their communication is very pragmatic in a way that what was not promised doesn't have to be delivered.
    Given the communication and spotlight on this "redesign" i assume the idea is just to facelift all lacking mechanics just so they're slightly less jarring and move on.

I'd expect that further down the line they will do very minor tweaks that don't everextend scope of existing mechanics, maybe cars will just reverse away from the obstacle when blocked if making them avoiding obstacles to the sides is that much of a programming stretch for them.

Is it better? Kinda.
    Is it what everyone hoped for? Not really but too bad.

I'd expect similar design philosophy in every aspect people wished to be collectively worth the hype.

16. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I remember a game I used to play on the zx spectrum decades ago, what was special about that game is all the traffic and police in the game was constantly spawned, the game didnt spawn in cops etc. they had to move from where they were, it was realistic in that sense.

Kind of sad in modern games like this and gta5, that the world is only alive directly in front of the player, things are spawned in instead of keeping track of things on entire map.

KissSh0t likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    For that to happen in Cyberpunk 2077 would be absolutely amazing... the npc / current traffic system I would compare to being something like a randomized generator that surrounds the player as a bubble, anything outside of that bubble doesn't exist... so as you move around the city things are just generated on the fly.

One thing you can do to see this happening clearly is using a sniper rifle scope with a high zoom level and look down a street with lots of characters or vehicles and see them disappear and reappear as they move in and out of the bubble.

I do feel like for modern games AI is kind of a low tier feature that developers hardly try to push the boundary with, which is a shame really because that is one of the things I wish developers would improve... the best AI in a video game still in my opinion is what is present in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R video games, which is kind of sad considering how old the games are now.

jbscotchman and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I think AI complexity in modern games stalled due to the low capabilities of PS4/XBOne CPUs

Dragam1337 likes this.
  19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I wouldn't say that's the reason. The game F.E.A.R. from 2005 has better AI than Cyberpunk.

20. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Well, the X360/PS3 era did see a leap in complexity, they had very powerful CPUs at the time. I wouldn't say FEAR is a great comparison as the scale of the game is a whole lot smaller with many enclosed and much smaller areas allowing for easier AI nodes for pathing etc, it also has a lot of scripting involved but it does highlight the attention to detail that games displayed.

Heck in terms of optimisation, in the right hands, the Cell Broadband Engine was still rather comparable in performance to the Jaguar cores of the PS4. Of course, it's extremely difficult to do that, coding for those SPUs was never easy so seeing that level of performance was very rare.

Dragam1337 likes this.