CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk (part 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Yeah, using RT uses about 30% more cpu power in the city compared to RT off. Depending on your setup, that can deffo mean you get cpu bottlenecked, as it is a very cpu heavy game in the first place.

2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I noticed when I disable RT effects I have better and crisp image quality besides better performance (10700k 5ghz and rtx 3080). Plus dlss to quality or balanced it's perfect.

3. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    You can enable sharpness form nvidia cp with in game RT. Makes the blurry texture sharper.

4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    [​IMG]

Funny bug: this guy is still yelling at me after I blew him and his goons away. You sir are incorrect. :p

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Also, in order to make distant textures crispier when using dlss, you should set these two options in nvidia inspector this way:

[​IMG]

isidore likes this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    negative lod bias has absolutely no effect on any nvidia card still supported by the drivers.

7. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Really? I remember it worked pretty well when I was using sgssaa on games which did not support any form of AA (basically all the stuff from the xbox360 era). The setting got deprecated?

By the way, in a recent DF video, Alex shows how the distant textures get crispier by modifying those values:

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It has no affect under Direct3D since kepler,with fermi being the last it did anything.

It has some affect under opengl, but very few games are made with it. the lod bias value on the otherhand is what you're seeing have an affect on the game.

jura11 and sertopico like this.
  9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    I see. Thanks for clarifying. ;)

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    well, after a good 85 hours in it, i finished the game with a solid amount of side quests. i decided to buy and play the game earlier than i planned since GPU prices are plain stupid ATM.

my final score for CP2077 will be 7.5 out of 10 and i will give a short, honest review.

+Main Story: good. enjoyed it. interesting main story, with some great moments. not as good as TW3 or other high quality narrative based games.
    +Graphics: looked great to me even on my aging 1070GTX i was able to appriciate the design\art and the vision of the city.
    +Char Build: for me this was the main thing in CP2077. much more diverse and interesting than Deus Ex for example in that area.

-A.I: some extremely pathetic moments.
    -Side Quests: no where near TW3, Bloodlines, New Vegas, San Andreas ( they took inspiration from all of those as i see it ).
    -Hype vs. Reality: it failed on that area. not much to add here.

i recommend buying it at some sale point, i recommend playing and finishing it because it's still enjoyable and has some GREAT moments in it's main story.

i expected a better experience in general from CDPR. characters and story-wise it does not hold it's ground against top-caliber games like TW3, Mass Effect, New Vegas etc.

i could see myself playing it in the future if DLC or two will be available, because i liked the options in the char build.

that's it on CP2077 issue for me. glad im done with it.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    In todays interview with polish website CEO put out this statement (roughly translating)
    He's also trying to shift the blame to Sony, making it sound like they have personal vendetta against them and ultimately putting the game back up on PSN is only in Sonys hands.

My personal takeaway is that they absolutely have no confidence in 1.2 whatsoever and are already setting up 0 expectations while trying to shift the blame at least partially to factors beyond their control, like getting hacked, sony not liking them and whatnot.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Sounds like you got a personal vendetta though.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah...
    That doesn't sound like he's trying to shift blame. That's a factual statement about the current state of things, even if 1.2 makes massive changes to the game and improves things drastically.
    There's no certainty that Sony will let the game back on their digital platform.

14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Waw you mean cp2077 will never be available on playstation oh hell what we gonna do?
    :rolleyes:

15. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Sony will let CP2077 back on PSN when, and only when, it meets their criteria for world-wide release. The fact that they let them release the game in the first week in such broken state is extremely disturbing and should not happen again.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    This is the same guys who happily allowed games such as Life of Black Tiger on to their store front? Even in it's worse state of affairs CP2077 was no where near as bad as this game. Very hard to see what the thought process is behind removing CP2077 but leave rubbish like that on their store.

17. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    I read sony had a personal beef with cdpr over something they had said or done, can't remember now but there's an article about it.

18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Yup would explain why their game got removed yet games that are by far and away worse are some how still allowed on the store front.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Fallout 76 if memory serves.

AsiJu likes this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Hmmm yes, I also remember the game might have had lots of intended features at release that made it just work.

Aah, Todd, never change.

(Yes I'm still making fun of Toddhesda so sue me...)