Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Honestly I do actually agree with you it is a bit “floaty” making shooting a little more difficult than it should be. I haven’t looked at the mouse options but you’re not wrong.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh sooo much the tactical crouching, I so 100% agree here

Dragam1337 likes this.
  3. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Pretty stealth build(tho I always forget to put my suppressor on...) but I usually just sneak until I get caught then it’s just guns blazing....I’ve been running the same rifle from nearly the beginning that has some decent mods, I’m still short parts to upgrade it and I’ve yet to find another one...The M251 Ajax..all I ever find are lame copperheads...I have a Smart Pistol and recently found a Smart Rifle. Bit I always reach for my Ajax...

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    @Dragam1337 i see it as a tradeoff, as those tech are approaching the solution from different perspective.
    TAA blurs the edges over time, DLSS try to solve the edges accurately.
    DLSS and TAA at same resolution, TAA would stand no chance i guess.

But really, after spending a while comparing 4K zoomed in screenshot, 4K with dlss quality+control panel sharpening looks 'fairly close', sometimes better sometime worse, to native resolution with TAA. But you do get back the finer details lost with TAA temporal blur.
    Native with TAA is just more consistent, and higher quality the higher you go with resolution.

Hope we'll get native res DLSS in the future, think they called it DLSS 2X a while back.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Gandul likes this.

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I didn't notice though i've been doing missions outta the city, i must check it out tonight though.
    I was more worried about a graphics nerf, this nerf for old cpus is just plain silly, give us an option ffs.
    Damn 2020 got the better of CDPR who'd a thunk it. I really used to trust them too.:(
    Shareholders 1 - gamers - 0

Undying likes this.
  6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I thought DLSS and TAA were tied together, haven't all DLSS games had TAA on by default and you can't turn it off when using DLSS.
    Even in this game the mod that disables TAA in the settings file doesn't actually turn it off and people found that the hex editing method does turn it off but also disables DLSS and the game just looks much worse overall.

7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Without disabling the aa in the settings file (changing it true to false)i get eye strain, it for sure disables some form of aa /blur effect, you must set file to read only though.
    i tried the mod that disables aa and yes it disabled the dlss. I've aa disabled in the nvcp too.(as always)

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The game just keeps getting better and better and the story is so cool! Two annoying things tho:
    1. There are a lot of stuff that cannot be picked up
    2. Three times now I've for no apparent reason gotten the cops after me. Once for example was after exiting one of those vendor machines you can sell your stuff to.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Look I'm sorry, but it had to be done.
    2560x1440 professional, fully automated luxurious CB2077 wallpaper.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2020
    fantaskarsef, XenthorX and DannyD like this.
  10. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Their AI is bonked big time and there are multiple reasons why it happens.
    Sometimes game gets rid of the "startle" time on ambient hostile NPCs (ones which fill yellow alert meter first then red aggro meter) and it instantly goes from ambient to fully hostile.
    Secondly sometimes you do hustle for cops and when they're present on the scene and you help them, they "discover" the bodies of enemies you helped to kill on their very on eyes and they get mad at you for doing so, once the fight is over.
    Lastly it seems the game only tracks global "combat state" so if you initiate fight with someone else, then any other faction also jumps from ambient to openly hostile if you run up to them.

Raw, just raw. Needs another 6 months in the oven to iron out all edge cases and missing features.

11. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
  12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    You're being very generous with 6 months.

Had I known how the state of the game was (I.E. how incomplete it really was) by working there myself, and had I disposed of actual power to make such a decision; I would have literally done three things to this project:

1) I would have plain and simple cancelled the PS4/Pro and XBOX One/X versions (and would have probably announced that decision to the public this year).
    2) I would have made 100% sure that the versions of the game that would be made for both the PS5 and the Series X would have been proper next-gen versions.
    3) I would have delayed the WHOLE thing (PC version, PS5 and Series X versions) for TWO YEARS, minimum.

This game is at best about 40% complete. It's missing way more than is actually there (and what IS there isn't fully polished, balanced or ironed-out to start with). The only "content complete" portion of this game can be argued to be the city proper itself (the layout, the architecture, the buildings, the streets, etc); and that's it. ALL the other game's systems and features are either missing or half-finished. And to think that they were saying that the game was "content complete" back at E3 2018... is beyond reasoning.

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just got to Act 3, been a hell of a ride so far I can't deny that. Gotta admit Keanu's character is really freakin cool, I didn't what to expect going in. I'm about 40 hours in with only one crash, and some technical bugs here and there but it's not as bad as it was on launch day. The NPC A.I. isn't that great, the wanted system is broken, and the driving still kinda sucks, but overall I'd say it's sitting in the 7/10 range. It's not the game to end all games like it was hyped up to be, but its a good RPG experience with some flaws.

I know it'll get better, hell the first Witcher game was a complete train wreck but they fixed it. Again, the hype was just so out of control people expected a solid 10/10 on day one but that's not the case. And I do feel bad for the console players, this should have been PC and next gen console only.

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. liviut

liviut Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8GB
    when you have it in development for 8 years of course people expect it to be good

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Exactly what I was saying, it did not live up to the hype. And I'm not gonna defend it anymore. It's average at best.

ShadowDuke and itpro like this.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I think what breaks my heart a little is walking by leftovers of canceled content.
    And of course law enforcement implementation is a bit of a shame, current behaviour can be coded start to finish in an afternoon top.

Gandul and Dragam1337 like this.
  17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    The only good CP2077 did is to help sales of underwhelming rtx 30 series. Other than that is a totally bad game. Like being made from undergraduate students in a hurry. Raytracing for nothingness.

18. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    mid 2016

Dragam1337 likes this.
  19. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Late 2020.

Passus likes this.
  20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I absolutely agree with your 3 points.

They could fairly easily have cancelled the old console version, as they themselfs confirmed during the investors meeting, that the vast majority of preorders came from pc.

And honestly, anyone reasonable would still have kept their preorder if it got delayed on pc.

XenthorX and Passus like this.