CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk (part 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah found that one early on, I think at one of the first missions / jobs. :D

2. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    Follow up on this.
    You can force Dum Dum to appear at intended location IF you call Nancy to start the "Second Conflict" quest from the All Foods location (where he appears for the Maelstrom/Flathead quest).

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. bobnewels

bobnewels Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
  4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    This rig (w/ 860w psu) was built new in June except the 5700XT which was new in April. No undervolting or overclocking, I'm running everything (including the CPU) stock. In Cyberpunk, it sometimes can go hours with no issues, other times, it'll run 5 minutes and crash to desktop. Sometimes with the crashes, I'll get an AMD popup saying the driver timed out.

I may try that old 19.12.1 driver mentioned above since I'm not playing much else anyways.

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Have any of you guys seen this weapon yet, the one the enemy is shooting?>

[​IMG]

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Well I am done.

51.6 hours and I have completed the game. I did still have some gigs and side missions left over and I didn't buy any of the cars (I did get a lot of extra vehicles from some of the missions though).

Aside from the bugs, the game was and is fantastic. The level of choice, character development, voice acting, and set pieces is awesome.

I just wanted to see how it would end and to see what options and choices you have. There is A LOT of hard choices to be made towards the end, I got a good ending though..... sort of bitter sweet but open ended as well.

MAJOR SPOILERS DONT READ YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

I chose to keep control and put Johnny in the background, and I asked Panam for help as I completed all her story. I chose to keep my body and not give it up to the Johnny and I chose not to go beyond the wall and become a construct A.I. My ending was bitter sweet and you are told you only have six months to live and you die anyway. But I left Night City with Panam and the Aldecaldos and it leaves V's chances of living open and he/she will look outside Night City for help.

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    This is a pretty amazing effort

I'm still verrrry slowly making my way through the game since I'm waiting on a waterblock for my 3080 and gonna dive in after its all installed and setup.
    Only just got to Act 2.

Main gripes are the driving -- 3rd person is a pretty awful experience with the mouse stutter.. tried to do one Delamare mission and it was shooting between 60FPS and 13. I don't prefer playing in 1st person when driving.. too difficult to steer without hitting everything.

Also numerous bugs.. though nothing gamebreaking, its definitely immersion breaking. If not for that, the immersion in this game is very good otherwise. Such a well detailed world and has moments graphically (even before using current gen GPU tech) that really shine.

Looking forward to getting farther in.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Did it happen also to you folks that in places with lots of enemies and hackable devices the game froze for a few seconds when using the ability "ping"? I thought my game crashed at first, but after that it kept working as usual. To be more specific, it occurred as I was doing the mission in the power plant. Also no hw errors in the event log. Weird. V needs more RAM apparently hehe.

10. Trixster

Trixster Active Member

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    About 58 hours in, 30% for the main quest only because exploring an murdering those who deserve it is just too much fun :)

Met some Russian dude who fell foul of the Tyger's, his story brought a smile to my face as he retold it lol
    (A nod to KR)

The Malestrom nightclub looks epic, how I wish I had an RT card to see in its full beauty.

Taken a leave from Lock Stock too, running around bludgeoning people to death with a 12" dildo rofl, but the buzzing is a little annoying :D
    (You can get this after a certain encounter)

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
  12. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Yes, I think so, a Cyberpsycho outside the city had something similar...

DannyD likes this.
  13. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
  14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Everytime i see a video with that guy my sides hurt :D

fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  15. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I'm also on stock 5700xt with the 20.12.1 driver and have had zero crashes, 60h playtime. Maybe check the event viewer to see what is the source of the crashes, could be instability in something else.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Noticed an annoying side effect of dlss (yet another one) - when dlss is enabled, you cant see rain infront of buildings or anything else, except when looking at the sky. I noticed there was rain drop effects on my cars windows, but couldn't see any rain... turned off dlss, and there it was...

Dlss on

[​IMG]

Dlss off

[​IMG]

Also notice how dlss completely blurs out the rain dropplet effects on the ground in the bottom left corner.

Here you can't see the rain beneath the lights with dlss on, but you can with dlss off.

Dlss on

[​IMG]

Dlss off

[​IMG]

Also notice how blurry the road and reflections become with dlss on... ugh... hate having to use dlss !

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    fantaskarsef, Passus and cerebus23 like this.
  17. Neil79

Neil79 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 980/2070
  18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Its not much different than ps4 version. :D

20. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Well after many hours of side missions and making it to level 10 I've started the main mission, on Act 2.
    It's been a looter/shooter up till now and I like looter/shooters, the build up to Act 2 is very engaging, really liking what I'm playing right now.

eGGroLLiO likes this.