CCC 10.7 doesn't save settings

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by p-nut, Sep 8, 2010.

1. p-nut

p-nut Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond 5870
    Every time I set something like anti aliasing to 4x, and I close it. Everything is applied but after a while CCC resets itself and it goes from 4x AA back to "Use Application settings" for both AA and AF.

Any way to set it permanently? The profiles also doesn't work nearly as well as tray tools, but some games like Starcraft 2 can't enable AA through tray tools.

2. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    A lot of views and no help? Any experienced computer user who's used ATI for more than a week should be able to answer this....

So... personally... I've found CCC to be highly unreliable especially when using third party tools such as ATI Tray Tools or RadeonPro to apply settings. Frequently I will change a setting in ATI Tray Tools and it will not reflect those changes if I open up CCC afterwards. Now I've only recently aquired ATI hardware again but I seem to remember this exact same functionality back at the inception of the Catalyst Control Center. My verdict: ATI's (now AMD's) software/driver teams are not the best coders in the world and the Catalyst Control Center is forever doomed to suck major ass. I install it.... but remove it from startup and use ATI Tray Tools exclusively to control the driver features. ATI should have learned something years ago from Ray Adams but I think there just aren't any sharp tools in that shed up there in Canada.

3. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    you must have a bad install then becuse anything i set in ccc itself it stays and i have had no issues with 10.7...

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    You should be able to if you use the 10.7a Hotfix or 10.8 WHQL drivers along with the latest 10.8a Application Profile.