CCAP (Custom Catalyst Application Profiles)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 27, 2011.

1. spyre

spyre Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    @ Jakshi
    Bioshock 2 DX10 can use Crossfire with the afr-friendlyD3D.exe

Both SLI and Crossfire have lower performance when enabled for Darksiders, so reverting the change that AMD made to disable Crossfire would be pointless unless you want worse performance.

Dirt 3 also has lower performance in SLI in the cockpit so that is nothing to do with the Crossfire support for the title.

2. Dan011093

Dan011093 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 5870/5850 CF
    Hello! =D are there any possibilities for a BF3 CAP?

bf3.exe

Battlefield 3

bf3.exe

Thanks =D

3. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    @spyre: Damn, that's ****ed for Dirt 3 and Darksiders. How can I force AFR in Bioshock 2? I tried with RadeonPro but the launcher won't start the game, I think it's because of the DRM they're using.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    As far as I know BF3 is already supported by current AMD CAP (and Asders tool).

5. spyre

spyre Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    Because you didn't setup RadeonPro properly, works for me with the Steam version.

6. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Got it! I had to add the Bioshock2Launcher.exe in the Launcher section of RadeonPro, i have the retail version with gfwl, and set launcher to Games for Windows Live. But maybe Asder can still add Bioshock 2 to his profiles so you don't have to use RadeonPro.

Now it's 60fps all the time with 2x2 OGSSAA (which means 3360x2100 downsampled to 1680x1050) + FXAA. Just WOW! Thnx.

7. Wag

Wag Member

GPU:
    2GB 6950 Tri-Fire
    Would be nice if we could get Skyrim working with positive scaling on Tri-Fire/Quad-Fire setups on 12.1 without the flicker. As it stands right now with the flicker it's unplayable.

8. Mirielle

Mirielle New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 4850 X2
    Hi, I'm really sorry if this is a terribly newbie question but I'd appreciate some help.

How exactly do I use or apply these?

I've downloaded the link and installed it, and restarted, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to make them work? I've tried starting tribe ascend, which it says is supported for crossfire, but radeon pro still says only one card is working.

Any help for this newbie would be appreciated :)

9. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI 2x 980Ti AMP! Extreme
    Hey Asder00, thank you very much for the hard work. Sadly though, I have to report several bugs on tri-fire 6990+6970. CoD BO and CoD MW3 flicker madly, but I've been told by ATI support that it's fixable on my particular tri-fire by obfuscating the exe with the CoD WaW profile. Skyrim, however is .. well, it's ****ed. Absolutely insane flicker, transparent everything including menus etc. on 12.1 with 12.1 cap1 it's flawless on any resolutions and any settings, apart from mod-forced SSAO, which is either poorly coded by the modder or fine-tuned for Nvidia to such a degree. If you could look into skyrim issues, I would truly appreciate it and donate for a couple of beers :) Thank you for all you've done for us:pc1:

10. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Bioshock2 profile in caps is different from the others, so i need to do some trial and error to see how it works, but if for now its ok with radeonpro method you can play fine. :)

Hi nothing to be sorry about, :) what you did is correct, install and reboot, as for the problem I don't know whats wrong with your end, :( for me crossfire is working just fine.
    Are you sure you don't have any crossfire profiles made by radeon pro that are still active, if so the driver will ignore whats in the ccaps and use the one created in radeon pro.

Hi, about Skyrim the only thing i modifed was the gpu limit, this value was set to 2 and i changed it to 4.
    So maybe thats why you guys are getting flickering, but with this how many cards are working 2 or more?
    I will be home later and release a new version with the limit revert back to 2, looks like we can't do more about this game.

11. PrEZeX

PrEZeX New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD6990
    Mount&Blade (Version 1.011)

Name of the game - Mount&Blade (Version 1.011)
    Name of the game exe - mount&blade.exe
    Name of the exe/profile you are currently using to make it work - RadeonPro with crossfire disabled

The problem with Mount&Blade is the flickering shadows in DX9. The only solution is to turn off crossfire, but that is a problem with dual GPU cards because you can only disable crossfire when using radeonpro.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  12. asder00

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Hi, I already disabled crossfire for this game since CCAPs v1.4.
    Did you tried it? (v1.4 or newer)

---

CCAPs v1.8 Released:
    Skyrim: Reverted the gpulimit to 2.

13. PrEZeX

PrEZeX New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD6990
    I thought it was for the Mount & Blade Warband and not the 1.011 version. I'll try it.

14. asder00

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Oh wait sorry my bad, haven't noticed its a different thing, let me do a profile for it wait a sec.

Ok done HERE it is, see how it goes.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  15. PrEZeX

PrEZeX New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD6990
    I have tried the 1.9 version now and it is sadly not working. I am getting the same flickering shadow issue as before.

16. Mirielle

Mirielle New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 4850 X2
    I've tried completely uninstalling all AMD drivers and radeon pro, even going so far as to use driver sweeper, and then reinstalled everything. It didn't work.

Is it possibly my card, or my application? I'm using a Radeon 4850 X2 card, and my catalyst is 11.12 with the driver package version being 8.92-111109a-129966C-ATI

Any help would be appreciated. Tribes is pretty much nigh unplayable for me :(. Acting exactly like skyrim did before I used the fallout3 hotfix.

17. Daxmaxwale

Daxmaxwale Member

GPU:
    HD 6990@940/1400, 1.172V
    Hello, I am pleased to see many of my friends who use 6990 here ... but I have a question, which drivers and cap for skyrim the best?? I am currently using driver 11.12whq but not using any CAP. And I changed some (Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini) my GPU up to 100%. The results of the picture is quite satisfactory, but the FPS drop slightly. And when I install CAP i get the flickering on the face of my character, and the pause (ESC) menu. please advice and guidance .. thnx

18. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Hey Daxmaxwale, I have the exact same problem like you, but I use the 8.94 driver without CAPs. Had this flickering with every driver so far. Started flickering with the implentation of the 11.12 CAP 1 in the new drivers I guess! Hopefully we can somehow get a fix for this :)

19. Daxmaxwale

Daxmaxwale Member

GPU:
    HD 6990@940/1400, 1.172V
    Asder00, can you make new cap but remove skyrim profile? so that I could use an existing profile in the driver. Make one if you can help. Thnx mate

20. Wag

Wag Member

GPU:
    2GB 6950 Tri-Fire
    OK, resetting Skyrim's GPU limit to 2 made the flicker go away. This is unfortunate. I wonder if there's a way to fix this? I'd love to get it working on my Tri-Crossfire unlocked 6950 setup.