CCAP (Custom Catalyst Application Profiles)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 27, 2011.

1. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Anyone figure out how to get Skyrim working in Triple Crossfire?

Thanks.

Ps: Running @5760x1080 with three 6970s and the first two gpus are utilized to like 90% each but the third one just idles!

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    tribes - worked fine for me before, will try again with the latest version i guess? hopefully it doesnt turn into blacklight (cant get scaling)

iracing - ACR that's funny, olivier, do you know the game 'auto club revolution'? it triggered the assassin's creed profile since it's acr.exe & the scaling is fine (but so was AFR), also ask the iracing devs if they can make their engine more AFR friendly

skyrim - if you look at the CAP xml, <value Property="MaxGPUs">2</value>, there's probably a reason it's capped to 2... & we all know the engine is pretty crappy so 3 gpus probably will not help anything but to add cpu usage on an already cpu limited game

diablo3 - um the only way to disable CF is not to do windowed... in CCC you make a profile for d3.exe & just say 'disable cf', what is the problem? we dont need catAI = off to turn off CF anymore

3. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti@2.0Ghz
    @kn00tcn in the iRacing forum the devs spoke about crossfire issue 2 years ago but nothing more since then... maybe too much work?

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    what did they say? not just crossfire, it was also about SLI, basically multi gpu in general?

if they didnt require a wheel to play, i would have tested the game years ago

it would be a lot of work to redo their engine depending on how they made it, that's why sometimes you see console ports that need to have CF/SLI disabled

you mentioned ACR & COD7 profiles worked (incl stutters), did you mean the fps was HIGHER than single gpu/CF disabled?

have you tried the F1_2010 & 2011 profiles? i noticed the strangest thing in the actual F1 2010 game, when i force AFR on it, i dont get scaling, but if i use the default F1 2010 profile, it scales... makes me wonder if some engines somehow scale in a weird way that's not like AFRFriendly (doesnt make sense, AFRFriendly is supposed to be all gfx error checking disabled)

5. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti@2.0Ghz
    I've finally got an answer (from Shawn Nash) about crossfire with iRacing:

As far as I can tell the primary issue is that the simulator is CPU bound (especially on high-end GPU's), and crossfire/SLI often increase that bottleneck since they add overhead in coordinating the GPUs. At this time I've pretty much given up any hopes of a quick fix in the sim/engine, in favor of focusing on an x64 and DX11 port, which I believe has a better chance of solving the problem (as well pulling the engine forward technically at the same time).

DX11's APIs have been designed to avoid many of the CPU bottlenecks inherent in DX9 (high numbers of function calls into D3D), and the new features it provides, such as geometry shaders, should help us improve the performance of our worst performing features, such as shadow volumes. I'm convinced it is the best use of my time to focus on moving the engine to take advantage of these features and then work from that platform.

At this time my primary focus, aside from improving rendering quality and adding some new features, is porting our simulator to x64. We've made substantial progress on that. After that, my hope is to focus on DX11.

Using the ACR profile the fps is almost the same as a single card.
    Using the COD7 profile the fps is a little bit higher but with stutters.

6. Zezzer

Zezzer Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6850 1GB
    any luck? would any other profiles work since its using UE3? very keen to get stable frames...

7. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    guys i have some interesting, good, & bad news

the bad news is i wasnt playing around with the games we're talking about

the good news is i found out some good crossfire profiles!

trackmania united forever
    -RelicCOH.exe (i should have found this years ago, it gets you some scaling & does not flicker)

section 8 prejudice
    -RelicCOH.exe (i already knew darkvoid a long time ago, but coh might be even faster, also no flickering)
    -ShippingPC-SkyGame.exe (dark void)

nucleardawn
    -ACR.exe
    -HardReset.exe (apparently this uses stalker's profile, but my list in CCC doesnt show everything)
    -Portal2.exe (probably should just stick to this since it's the same engine, l4d/dota/csgo do NOT work)
    -Shaun White Skateboarding.exe
    -wic.exe
    all of these will flicker ONLY when you open the menu, you should notice how it picks up more than 1 frame from the gpu & well... i suppose either a game update or driver update that knows to ignore the 2nd frame would be good... otherwise the in game map does NOT flicker & you get scaling

nexuiz
    -Crysis2.exe (obviously)
    there might be minor sky/light flickers for a few secs if you turn around too fast... i'm seeing weird gpu usage though, even on afrfriendly, it just gets stuck on 55% usage if you move too fast, plus at some angles i drop to like 28fps then a few secs later i'm back to 55fps, so i just ended up using the in game cap option to 30)

the interesting news is RelicCOH.exe is something people should try when they get flickering when trying to force CF, it might be a good alternative to CompatAFR/RenderAll1x1 which if you recall i discovered first in crysis2 beta

i'll tell you what gave me the hint, i was looking at the CAP xml & was looking for games with unusual custom profiles, since AFRFriendly of course would almost always flicker if the engine isnt set up properly

oh & good to know iracing will turn into DX11 (can they also do DX10? not only is the fps gain magically there with the same art assets, usually CF works better compared to DX9)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  8. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Aah are you in the Nexuiz beta? I envy you :>

9. Zezzer

Zezzer Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6850 1GB
    So does Crossfire not work too well with DX9 in general or is it just that game/engine?

10. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    dx9 has its weaknesses, & a lot of engines may struggle to get scaling in cf or sli

basically, both can cause problems

in my experience, every single game or benchmark that has both dx9 & dx10 modes, the dx10 one is always smoother/less stutters even if it's a few fps less than dx9

nexuiz beta is FREE from alienware's site, i'm not special :nerd: (it also ends in a few days)

11. Zezzer

Zezzer Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6850 1GB
    Hmm ok. So, since Tribes Ascend has lines of code relating to dx10/11 in the .ini files, I might try forcing dx10 on there, fingers crossed for better scaling.

12. Zezzer

Zezzer Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6850 1GB
    Nope, that didn't work at all. Keep ideas coming if you got any.

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    is dx10 mode even enabled? well they put that in global agenda so... maybe they'll eventually put it in tribes

i will install tribes sometime soonish, are you in a hurry? :eyebrows:

14. Zezzer

Zezzer Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6850 1GB
    At the moment, DX10 Tribes is incredibly buggy. Artifacting everywhere, slow load times... Lol.

And yeah, kinda... ;)

15. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    nexuiz has too much bloom now (maybe it always did?) with crysis2 profile... well that's not good

EDIT: i fail, i picked up the damage multiplier, cry2 profile is fine, optimize1x1 might also be another one to use

EDIT2: cry2 profile flickers too much during heavy action, optimize1x1 seems to be good enough

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

16. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Profile mod request...

Hi,

Was wondering if Asder or anyone can help me mod the Ati Aplication profile value for skyrim called 'maxgpus' from 2 to 3. I tried and failed last night. Was able to find the atiapfxx.blb file and convert it to xml but from there i have no idea what to do next!

Thanks

17. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Check your PMs i replied days ago at yours.

18. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Missed the pm..

Thanks. I missed that pm. Will check it out. Just hope they havent limited it at the driver level..

Thank you very much!

19. Zezzer

Zezzer Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6850 1GB
    Asder,

I'm still having real problems in Tribes Ascend regarding scaling, and no one else seems to be able to help. Is there anything other than setting it to AFRfriendly mode I can do at my end? Cheers

20. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    Is there any good ccap for Battlefield 3?