Cayman XT and PRO are Radeon HD 6970 and HD 6950

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Xzibit, Oct 19, 2010.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    edit: i saw the pic later, sry..

lol nvm:nerd:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  2. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    lol ok i delete my post too so ..

3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    That's why my 5970 was the first ATI card since the 9800XT, if AMD want to go back to the mid level I will just go back to Nvidia as will many others.

4. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    my next videocard will be Nvidia...unless amd in the new 28nm battle, make a real strong single gpu...we dont want mid-range for single use...these are good only for multi-gpu...:)

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    I have to say, thats what I did. I wanted the best Single GPU solution. SLI n stuff is nice, but it can be a hassle.

So GTX 580 it is, and I gotta say it's been smooth sailing with the 263.09 WHQL driver set.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, your of the breed of give me the biggest, baddest card out, i will sort the rest.

I hope too many people don't, the last 18months have been interesting GPU wise, if AMD mess this up, it will get boring, and likely expensive for all of us

Alot of other people are purely gamers, who want the least amount of hassle, and the most amount of time gaming, so dual GPU's tend to scare them off, which is why i think AMD might be making a mistake with the dual GPU thing, especially when we know they can match Nvidia with scaling, but we don't know if they can do it with all round support.

perosmct, 28nm isn't likely to appear till 2012, but i don't imagine your system will struggle to much anyway.

GTX580 is looking good to me, might be getting laid off at work, so may as well splash out on something to keep me occupied while im looking for work, even though i usually avoid the top GPU.

One thing, and im sure its the alcohol kicking in, but even from an Nvidia fan point of view, AMD have been shocking poor marketing wise recently, and while i will admit the lack of news about the 6900 cards made them more exciting than either of the GTX500 cards, especially the 570, i just can't help feeling that the 6900 series were built up too much by fans, which can only to disappoint, and in the long run that will do more harm than good.

7. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Dont judje AMD. All the infos are based on rumours.no test had been provided officialy.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    rumours.no, is that a Norwegian tech site :p

I'm taking the word of chispy here, a well respected member, big bencher, and seems to be an ATI/AMD fan, so im pretty confident he wouldn't report false info.

As i said before, why is the fact these are slower such a problem, i don't get it!!

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I wouldn't mind ditching dual cards, it is just that year to year increases in single cards have been pretty small in comparison to the golden PC gaming years of old. So I thought to hell and when I moved from my 8800Ulra I wanted nothing less than double performance so it had to be ATI's 5970.

But the driver support has been mediocre at best something I think Nvidia does better with so if they had a decent alternative rather than a sidestep to the 5970 I would jump ship.

I also got the 5970 when I got laid of work, kept me happy for the months before I got a job again :nerd:

ATI struck gold with the 5000 series, good speed, good power consumption and monster overclockers.

There is no way they could do the same with a simple refresh, we were all dreaming but at least being equal to a 580 would have been nice. But I guess they just need to find a niche and not compete with their own upcoming 6990 which cant be a huge leap due to TDP limits.

10. Dezmen

Dezmen Member

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    bohooo, i hope thats a "break in the clouds"

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    boohoo and your problem is?
    i asked because the last thread got deleted, and Hilbert removed his picture cause of amd, so chill..

And i posted it only because mr chipspy thought i was bluffing and spreading Fud lol...besides the guy who posted this picture was aware of nda anyway, guess it doesn't matter anymore since we're beyond 10th Dec.

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    When is the NDA up?

13. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
    PCB Black , Red = fake :)

[​IMG]

14. chewietobbacca

chewietobbacca New Member

Samples != Retail ;)

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    how do you know that?

what if red is a ES sample, have you ever thought about that??

and i really doubt that guy would show a fake ES card anyway, why would he pointless lol:nerd:

16. Dezmen

Dezmen Member

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    anyway whats NDA means? xD

17. zshadow

zshadow Active Member

So it's going to cost £60 more than the GTX570 and perform similar? Going by the pricing OCUK released earlier.

Not doubting you, but it makes no sense.

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
  19. chewietobbacca

chewietobbacca New Member

Well that's the big thing - AMD is releasing this AFTER Nvidia, so they know exactly what the competition is and what pricing it is - it would make no sense for AMD to suddenly turn around from providing the best price/performance unless the prices are wrong too (which is good for consumers tho)

20. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
    Say What You Want , but Softly :)